Dug Two Lovely Geisha Girls And A Hand Fan What Are The Odds?

Wow, Doc!! Beautiful button pendant and coin. 👍 You find the coolest stuff.😎 Which detector found em?

Here's a treat for ya:

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/exonumia70795.html

Thanks for sharing this stuff! 🏆

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Wow, Doc!! Beautiful button pendant and coin. 👍 You find the coolest stuff.😎 Which detector found em?

Here's a treat for ya:

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/exonumia70795.html

Thanks for sharing this stuff! 🏆

Boy Howdy 350 you're the man when it comes to researching and figuring out what stuff is.I had no idea that what I thought was just a fancier and scarcer version of the commonly found Chinese cash coin would turn out to be a souvenir token! I was using the d 1 with the skinny HF coil on that trip anticipating a lot of weeds.I'm going back soon and will be moving a ton of deadfall and removing an old barbed wire fence that was lying flat on the ground when I was there forty years ago and expect some good targets to come available.I found the peace dollar that I used for scale complete with the big scratch that i Put in it in 1974 at the old catholic church in the town that I grew up in.Thanks!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Doc Bach said:

Boy Howdy 350 you're the man when it comes to researching and figuring out what stuff is.

Heh, I bow to JCR and a few others, seems like they've seen a lot of relics. I just use Google Lens, and hit paydirt now and again, a lifetime of searching for stuff on the Internet has given me some skill. That and sort of a relentless spirit. Yours took less than a minute! 😀

I've only found one Cash coin with no details in one of the farms I have permission to. Let's say the "immigrant" laborers here weren't exactly minters of currency. I'm fascinated with how old some of those are, and it takes quite a bit of searching to identify one. The details have to be sharp. Some of them are very old.

Really love the stuff Western and Western-ish detectorists find. 👍 It doesn't have to be too old to be rare and cool.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

Heh, I bow to JCR and a few others, seems like they've seen a lot of relics. I just use Google Lens, and hit paydirt now and again, a lifetime of searching for stuff on the Internet has given me some skill. That and sort of a relentless spirit. Yours took less than a minute! 😀

I've only found one Cash coin with no details in one of the farms I have permission to. Let's say the "immigrant" laborers here weren't exactly minters of currency. I'm fascinated with how old some of those are, and it takes quite a bit of searching to identify one. The details have to be sharp. Some of them are very old.

Really love the stuff Western and Western-ish detectorists find. 👍 It doesn't have to be too old to be rare and cool.

Good and helpful info....I learned something there thanks again.

• Like 1

Very nice finds again that you have pulled out of the ground.

Good luck on your next hunt.

• Like 1

Doc

I'm guessing you had some kind of experimental find locator chip implanted in your head back in the 70s ?  Possible alien origin??? (You sure didn't find it on the i-net back then)...and ...where and when can I get one and did the probing hurt too much ?  😏

Kidding aside Doc ,a hunt well done !  Looking forward to your next . 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

Doc

I'm guessing you had some kind of experimental find locator chip implanted in your head back in the 70s ?  Possible alien origin??? (You sure didn't find it on the i-net back then)...and ...where and when can I get one and did the probing hurt too much ?  😏

Kidding aside Doc ,a hunt well done !  Looking forward to your next . 

You crack me up Popeye! and I like your sense of humor. You could be right about that but by all accounts from family members I was born with the affliction.My grandpappy would always muse and tell stories about how I could crawl and later walk to a given spot in the dirt and dig up something interesting.And how I was always looking on the ground ( which I still do ) and walking into street signs parking meters and trees and bumping my noggin.The picture below was taken at the apartment building where we lived in Richmond Ca in 1954 or 55 I'm guessing?  when I was  three or four? I'm on the floor probably starting to cry because my older brother Johnny who was always a mean bugger kinda like Bluto was taking what I am guessing is a marble that I just dug up.

6952027C-C6E0-4492-97DD-2AB24F25DE6E_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.cf4faab22b12774006471b2158395873.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Oh my! 1

But YOU found the marble !  BTW I found a marble yesterday......

Bet you probably left him in the dust in IQ points....... 

Awwwww geee Doc.  I know all about Bluto ! 

(He always takes the wrong turn in Albaquirky ..)

Tried to make a fool outa you too huh ?

Your thinkin' right then was  "I've had all I can stands and I can't stands no more !"  . I just know it somehow !

I have a friend that had a brother like that !   Was one of those "Hey y'all watch this  , somebody hold my beer !! "types.

He became a used car dealer !  And died of an Oxy overdose .....True story !

How'd your "Bluto" do ?