Is V1.0 Pwm Audio Different???

Hey guys. Ive been super sick with a head cold so i was delayed in getting out with 1.0. I finally went to the beach and noticed that the audio sounds WAY different to me now in beach and beach sense (pwm w 3 tones). I also noticed iron sounds different. With pwm it sounds quiet with no nuance to the sounds and i can barely hear the iron w the standard settings. I'm hoping that it is just that my gnarly head cold screwed up my hearing...

Can any beach hunters confirm one way or another if the audio on beach and beach sensetive have changed?  

If it is only my ears, this really solidified for me how much i rely on audio nuances with the d2 on an almost subconscious level.

8 minutes ago, 619_805_okie said:

I also noticed iron sounds different. With pwm it sounds quiet with no nuance to the sounds and i can barely hear the iron w the standard settings.

Is that not a good thing? 

Just now, midalake said:

Is that not a good thing? 

It is TOO quiet. I like to hear it at my beach because if there's iron, there's coins and jewelry. Im hoping its my ears and that they go back to normal asap!

1 minute ago, 619_805_okie said:

It is TOO quiet. I like to hear it at my beach because if there's iron, there's coins and jewelry. Im hoping its my ears and that they go back to normal asap!

You could always turn the iron volume up some from the factory setting.

Myself, I would rather never hear iron again. If I want to hear something, turning the sensitivity up to hear slight falsing would suit me. 

Hey Okie, I've been rained in since my one outing with V1.0, but I think there are some changes to PWM, but I haven't been able to check that out yet. I did notice the Iron Volume change too. 7 is now the default level for Iron volume which now goes up to 10. If you're running a V0.71 based program with Iron Volume at the old default of 3, you'll barely be able to hear it.

• Like 1

I'm a full time beach hunter and I've used Pitch and Square with the iron volume turned all the way down and a notch from 0-10.  On a tourist beach, any iron to be found is totally junk.  Not so on the treasure coast.  There, I want to hear it all.

In V1.0 I'll use High Square which does change the tone somewhat...I like it.  I have noticed other changes from V.71 too not only in terms of sound but in VDI also.  It will just take some time to learn and get accustom to the new V1.0...totally worth the time and effort....a great update for sure.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The overall audio dynamics have changed for sure, and in a good way.  Audio is much more dynamic and reactive than before. Pwm and high square have a lot to offer to a good listener.  I’m personally not going to mess around too much with the audio filter, because I want to hear and understand what the audio is telling me.   I’m thinking that perhaps there was a type of set audio filter on the previous versions, which differed from the D1 and is why many of us were keen to note the difference.  

• Like 1

Everything seems way more reactive except bump sensitivity which I noticed is almost completely gone. Hunted a site I've gone over many times with many detectors, didn't find much but that is one of the first things that jumped out at me because of the ground stubble. Only heard a peep when I managed to whack a tree or two. Runs very quiet now.

Both objects came from the same tree under the roots. I also found out that it's a good idea to sharpen your shovel now and again. 🤣 Forgot how good the Predator Ranger is with roots.20230520_130533.thumb.jpg.97e4b99df22d34c83e1c49350f1c1968.jpg

There is a lot more to learn.

• Like 4