Gold -1 Orx-

One thing I have always liked about the ORX is its Gold Mode, I needed something that could I,D small iron , like bread ties and remove them or oval bottle caps because they can mask, good targets, so after some messing around with Gold 1 i came to this setting and on a spot of ground I have been over , and over in disc i managed to pull out more and deeper tabs, cuzz I am looking for Gold rings, and it worked , the find of the day was a long undug but masked U,S nickle , it was singing thru in that gone over spot . I also found it will find targets next to iron poles as well . ya the nail was masking the nickle. but it made a good sip sound and i dug it

20201030_051758.jpg

20201030_051722.jpg

20201030_051554.jpg

• Like 5

I like the Gold 1 too. Great detector. I'm staying with my Orx.

• 2 months later...

@Kaolin washer @Rick N. MI

I keep thinking about giving the ORX a try. I’ve swung a friend’s Deus and love the light weight but have no desire to get into the massive menu of options the Deus offers.  The simplicity of the ORX is really appealing  
For general detecting (not gold prospecting) what coil would you recommend?  The HF or X35?

HF coils I would say is the best choice for general, relic and jewelry hunting. I have the 9" hf and the elliptical hf coils. Both are great. Both are good on gold jewelry too. The elliptical goes to 74khz and great on tiny gold.

The simplicity is there and so is the performance.

• Like 2