Screwed Up?

Sold my Teknetics omega 8000 and 8500, with a bunch of coils. The 8000 was updated at Teknetics (version 6) and the 8500 was (2). Not a scratch on either and all coils, cept one ( 10 inch elliptical) had covers. Teknetics carrying bag, both manuals and assorted extras.included. Sold em for $500. All worked as new.

Bought the X Terra at my nearby Cabela’s 

IMG_8812.jpeg

• Like 2

Newer is not always better 😉

• Like 1

I think a pre-owned Equinox 600/800 would have been a wiser choice. The Xterra Pro is basically an Equinox with the best features removed.
I use a '600 , and find it an excellent all-round machine, though it does have its 'negatives' as you are doubtless aware.
  • Like 1

Don’t ever buy detectors at big box stores.  Plenty of dealers on here that would have helped you get into the right machine for what u want to detect.

Good news is you could probably return it to Cabelas and get your money back.

Then call Gerry’s Detectors in Idaho 😁

• Like 5

You went from single frequency to several selectable frequencies and a full warranty.  Presumably with the ~$200 net you can get a coil or two to complement the X-Terra Pro stock coil.  "Screwed up" doesn't sound right to me and frankly I find some of the replies unnecessarily harsh.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

You went from single frequency to several selectable frequencies and a full warranty.  Presumably with the ~$200 net you can get a coil or two to complement the X-Terra Pro stock coil.  "Screwed up" doesn't sound right to me and frankly I find some of the replies unnecessarily harsh.

Second that.

• Like 3