Gold Detector Recommendations Please

Thanks for all the great input guys.  It's kinda hard to resist the Nox 900....

But I did order the 5" coil for my F19.  I'll try that out first and see if I can find any yellow stuff with it.  I just need to be careful not to drown it.  I think as far as a new machine goes, it's the Nox 900.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been researching the Gold Kruzer a little.  Anyone know if it is still in production?  I've seen conflicting reports.  Dealers don't seem to have them in stock.  Wondering if it is a supply issue or if its discontinued. 

The Gold Kruzer isn't discontinued, I just think dealers sold so few of them they don't bother getting them in stock, the Legend for the most part does the job of it.  The only time I've tried a Gold Kruzer I wasn't all that happy with it's small gold performance, especially for the frequency and by all reports the Legend seems as good as the Nox on small gold so If that is the case I personally would prefer a Legend than a Gold Kruzer for small gold hunting and then it's good for other stuff too.

• Like 1

If the Gold Kruzer is out of the game, I guess the main comparison is between the Legend and the Nox 900.  I was told by a dealer that the Legend is not stable at higher sensitivity and had to be ran at lower sensitivity and thereby lose the small gold.  I haven't found much online about that though.  Wonder if it is an issue or not(?)

I will say the Equinox 800 and presumably the Equinox 900 is fantastic on tiny gold, I've found bits down to 0.009 of a gram, that's 0.13 of a grain.

EquinoxTinyGoldinscoop.jpg.88bdf4c1771166caffcf21af61cd26b2.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, N7XW said:

If the Gold Kruzer is out of the game, I guess the main comparison is between the Legend and the Nox 900.  I was told by a dealer that the Legend is not stable at higher sensitivity and had to be ran at lower sensitivity and thereby lose the small gold.  I haven't found much online about that though.  Wonder if it is an issue or not(?)

The Legend does not lose stability at higher sensitivity and has no issues with small gold. It is very similar to the Minelab Equinox 800 on small gold nuggets and pickers.

• Like 3

On 6/15/2023 at 11:01 PM, phrunt said:

I will say the Equinox 800 and presumably the Equinox 900 is fantastic on tiny gold, I've found bits down to 0.009 of a gram, that's 0.13 of a grain.

EquinoxTinyGoldinscoop.jpg.88bdf4c1771166caffcf21af61cd26b2.jpg

That is truly amazing!