Crawled Under A House Today.

I had a similar good fortune at and old county football building, where the coins had fallen through the wooden floor gaps of the members private elevated and enclosed grand stand.

• Like 1

Great finds is all I can say.

One never knows where the finds will be and I can only  hope that I will be able to make some finds such as those.

Good luck on your next outing.

• Like 1

I would say it was worth the crawl!

• Like 1

Great finds. How was crawling under the house? Lots of spiders? lol See anything interesting under there.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Rick N. MI said:

Great finds. How was crawling under the house? Lots of spiders? lol See anything interesting under there.

Hey Rick, sounds like you have been there and done that? No mummified rats or cats but yeah lots of spiders. As the old saying goes I'm getting a little too old for that s---t! I have had a bad case of bottle fever lately antique bottles that is lol.

• Like 5

That's the third 1886 Liberty Head ("V-") Nickel posted on the forum in the past few months.  No wonder they are considered scarce/key -- they're all hiding in the ground!  Unfortunately it looks like yours is definitely "the worse for the wear."  Still fun (for me anyway) to find a key or semi-key coin regardless of the condition.

Permissions may be the last of the fertile ground in the USA.  Hope you get more of them.

• Like 3

Those are great! I found a 1952 Ben half at the entrance to a crawlspace, I'm claustrophobic so I won't go under but I'm glad you did. I have never found those year nickles.

• Like 2

Great hunt, Doc, well done! With Black Widows and Brown Reluse spiders on the rise around here, I think I'll pass on crawling under a house without a hazmat suit! 😏

• Like 4
  • Oh my! 1