Good 1st Hunt With V1.0….meh, On Vdi And Falsing

Happa54

Hey Everyone;

After a minimal amount of testing in my backyard, I removed certain filters and felt more comfortable running the machine in its more natural/raw form.

There were only a couple of settings of concern for me. First, I placed a silver dime between 2 square nails. The nails were masking the coin so I moved the settings to zero. Once set to zero, the signal/tone of the dime was much improved. I moved on to the Off-Set settings and swung over several denominations of coins. I didn’t care for the tones either so I set them to zero as well.

I made a few more adjustments and headed off to one of the most trashy and over-hunted parks in L.A. for a trial run with this new V1.0.  I was not expecting much but I did better than expected for 2.5 hours pounding the dirt.

Adjustments to the General mode were made to the following;

Factory; disc, iron volume, audio response, reactivity, B Caps, notch

Sens 98

Silencer 0

Off-Set 0

Full Tones >         first 4 bins volume set to 5                                                                                                                 

Last bin volume at 10

4th bin scale up to 87

PWM audio

40 khz max

With the first 4 bins at volume 5, I could hear the targets under my feet but they were soft to the ears. On the 5th bin at volume 10, high conductors were clear from VDI of 88 and above.

The tones of the bottle caps and pull tabs were so slight that they were basically non-existent so I didn’t dig any. I did dig a few rusted nails and old iron objects, which was to be expected though since they run up in the high conductor scale.

A number of pennies (memorials & wheats) came in at VDI’s in the low to mid 90’s….same VDI as silver.  A couple of clad quarters came in low 90’s, where in V.71 they would come in at 94-96.

I dug a faint whisper wheatie at a measured 9” which I was impressed with considering masking and the amount of trash at this old dirt park.

There were also a number of clear high conductor signals that would disappear once I removed the plug.

It seems to me that the V1.0 update has scaled up or down on VDI and erratic from one coin to another which had me somewhat disappointed. It definitely differs from its performance of the V.71. At this point in time, I can’t say which software is better over the other.

But all in all, based on these settings, the ground was quiet and made for a pleasant and successful hunt....3 silvers and 14 wheats

I’m looking forward to my next hunt with the same settings in HC Mode.

image.thumb.jpeg.05f9e96137325af26ddca1dc37135a83.jpeg

• Like 7