Version 1.0 Worse?

damatman88

I have heard mixed reviews of the new update. From my experience so far, it seems to be ok, but I have only been out twice. I watched a couple of Sharpshooter's videos where he compared the 1.0 to the .071. He showed the separation was markedly worse in the new update based on a coil next to iron. Thoughts?

I never rely on separation static tests , because they are not reliable for me . As I already said the results from the field can be opposite from the static home test results . For example a Vanquish is better than a Deus on the separation test I did at home , where it is obvious that a Deus ( 1 or 2 ) outperforms a Vanquish in the irons in the field . 

Long story short I only trust field tests for separation assessments .. At least 10 or 20 hours in the field , then not only a 2mns video in a kitchen ... 🙂

I havent done the V1.0 update btw , too busy at work for the moment ... I will post my results as soon as I have them

• Like 5

I have a rather conflicting relationship with the new firmware 1.0

I understand that its capabilities and new features open more than one door for us to successfully search in the fields.
Meanwhile, those shortcomings that are talked about around (to a greater extent this applies to working in an iron trash) have a place to be. I would not blame all people for being wrong, fooled or not understanding the new version.

In this situation, I am most surprised by the reaction of XP. More precisely, its absence. I think that they should draw certain conclusions in order to prevent this from happening in the future.

The update itself is definitely great and gives us even more new useful targets in the old places to search. I just don't want negative things to happen at the same time.

I'm testing it on my iron field and works perfectly for me! Is a lot better with better audio. One minus - I think is slightly slower at signal processing... but audio and unmasking and stability are better! Also, iron falsing is lower. Huge progress! 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Shelton said:

I'm testing it on my iron field and works perfectly for me! Is a lot better with better audio. One minus - I think is slightly slower at signal processing... but audio and unmasking and stability are better! Also, iron falsing is lower. Huge progress! 

I agree, I took mine to the beach and was pleased with the audio and separation.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, damatman88 said:

I have heard mixed reviews of the new update. From my experience so far, it seems to be ok, but I have only been out twice. I watched a couple of Sharpshooter's videos where he compared the 1.0 to the .071. He showed the separation was markedly worse in the new update based on a coil next to iron. Thoughts?

What David showed in one of his comparison videos was that running 1.0 and 0.71 Fast program with both having a silencer setting of 2 gave very different results. Does that mean that 1.0 is worse than 0.71 for target separation? Or does it mean that silencer setting of 2 using version 1.0 is clearly not the same amount of filtering as silencer setting of 2 using 0.71?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Jeff McClendon said:

What David showed in one of his comparison videos was that running 1.0 and 0.71 Fast program with both having a silencer setting of 2 gave very different results. Does that mean that 1.0 is worse than 0.71 for target separation? Or does it mean that silencer setting of 2 using version 1.0 is clearly not the same amount of filtering as silencer setting of 2 using 0.71?

Yep, that my question also. Version 1.0 did change the vdi numbers on my custom programs, but that's a minor inconvenience.

Also wondering a my custom programs what else it may have changed.

Video from Iffy Signals shows using stock Fast program and no problem with falsing or target separation.

https://youtu.be/KbilSwb5K8M

• Like 1

I’ve been on one hunt and did a couple bench tests on V1.0. I had a pleasant hunt with no iron falsing to speak of. In fact, I dug one plug that had a ferrous/nonferrous mix. It saw the good target despite any iron masking. That was in a modified park program with most parameters left stock. For one bench test I arranged a couple rusty nails over a quarter. I tried this also on 0.6 and the Deus 2 couldn’t see the quarter while the Equinox could. On 1.0 the Deus could now see the quarter. The next bench test was an air test since people were complaining of a lack of depth. I realize air tests are not as useful on a multifrequency machine, particularly in subtraction programs, but nonetheless I noticed a couple to few inches of depth loss in air with most coins topping out at around 13”-14” through multiple programs including mono, whereas before I could go out to around 17”-18” with larger coins. One other thing I did notice was a decrease in battery life on the coil. It depleted noticeably more rapidly. 

Calabash Digger just released a video saying XP is working on the problems and has acknowledged them. The solution for those who are unhappy is to roll back to version 0.71. I do wish XP hadve released this update in smaller increments over the last year, rather than letting a year go by and dropping this in one fell swoop. I’m sure many wish they could roll back to a version 0.9 with some new features like frequency max and high square etc. intact while they work on what’s ailing version 1.0.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Glenn in CO said:

Yep, that my question also. Version 1.0 did change the vdi numbers on my custom programs, but that's a minor inconvenience.

Also wondering a my custom programs what else it may have changed.

Video from Iffy Signals shows using stock Fast program and no problem with falsing or target separation.

https://youtu.be/KbilSwb5K8M

Quite a bit has changed, Glenn. With a couple of hunts so far, I can tell that the Silencer is more aggressive, the silver range seems to have been expanded so TIDs are different, Audio response is more aggressive as well, pinpoint seems a little more accurate and doesn't blow your ears out, you can now set the volume level for each tone segment even in Full Tones, you can turn the Iron TID on or off, High Sqr Tones has been added which is awesome, of course you know about the top Frequency can be set at 14K, 24K, or 40K for any program except Deus Mono, they added an Audio Filter to smooth out spikey high tones. The main areas I had to change were the Silencer, Iron Volume, and Audio Response. I've been experimenting with the Frequency Max settings as well.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Shelton said:

So has it caught up with the MCore in your opinion?