Ver 1.0, 1.1, 2.0 Update Consolidated Information - Post Your Unbiased Impressions And Observations Here

And few more tips with English subtitles:

• Like 2

9 hours ago, AlwaysCocaCola said:

Hi-Square 1.00 vs old Square 0.71 in pitch tone:

- In hi-square more information is now heard in an iron tone. And how deep the nail is in the ground, size, shape, etc.

- In hi-square there is less dynamics and amplitude in the pitch tone. It is more difficult to determine the depth of the target - for this only the speed of the sound response. When digging to the surface, the signal can be even quieter than in the ground, as strong sounds are muted by the algorithm.

- Because of the differences in the first two points, it's a bit more difficult to distinguish between iron-mixed targets and iron-falsing. Now in hi-square we either trust the algorithm and dig everything. Or we listen to how stable the pitch sound is and decide to dig based on its behavior.

- The new pitch hi-square is more comfortable for long time use. You can walk for many hours without feeling discomfort in your ears and brain.

I get what you're saying and thanks for posting your assessment of Hi Square.

But that just confirms why I'll just stick with PCM.  Just so used to the "annoying" PCM audio since I started using Deus nearly 10 years ago.  If I want it to sound nice, I'll use a Minelab, Garrett, or listen to music.  If I want actual audio information about the target via the harmonics, I gotta use PCM.   

You can dress up PCM audio to an extent using square or hi-square which limits the "unpleasant" sounding PCM harmonics, then you are going to also naturally lose audio target information that you get with PCM, because it's those harmonics that clue you in to likely junk targets.

Metal detecting involves swinging over random pieces of metal in the ground, not conducting an orchestra.  So it's never going to sound like a symphony unless you dig the sweet PCM sonar echo sound of rings, buttons, and coins (symmetric/round targets) at a honey hole site.

• Like 1

While there are some legitimate issues arising with V1, I appreciate the fact that they’ve noted  our likes, dislikes, and wishes and made major changes based on “us” the users.       The new full tones and its adjustability along with fmf max freq are real steps in the right direction.   

• Like 6

Also, Chase’s list of questions at the beginning of this thread sum up any question I’ve had plus more.  My biggest need/want to know  though is whether or not each FA or CSS base program are the same if given the same user parameters.  That could really change custom program experimentation.  Well that and a good explanation of frequency addition, which I’ve wondered about  and Chase brought up on another thread.  

• Like 1

The new audio is brilliant! In the ocean of iron, I can easily lock on a target and after that, I can get more data about the target kind... that is a lot of information. Smooth plain and easy data. If you add ID - bug numbers, XY, and 90 degrees turn... and you know everything.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Shelton said:

The new audio is brilliant! In the ocean of iron, I can easily lock on a target and after that, I can get more data about the target kind... that is a lot of information. Smooth plain and easy data. If you add ID - bug numbers, XY, and 90 degrees turn... and you know everything.

I fully agree with the new audio features in firmware 1.0. Hi-square becomes my main sound in both poly and pitch.
I also see a very serious breakthrough in modern places where there is no or little iron. Or in old places where there is not so much iron trash.
If we take a dense carpet of nails, then with the new firmware it is not always successful there. And there is still a lot to be explored and studied in the work. In such places, only sound remains and it plays a decisive role. Looking at big numbers, XY, or and 90 degrees turn is pointless. Heavily masked coins will give you a visual signal not to dig. While the sound can always break through to a successful outcome in this difficult situation.
And there is one more moment. In the new firmware, it has certainly become easier to work with the device for beginners. But I would also like the XP company not to forget about experienced users. And gave them more information to make the right decision in the sound from the device.

• Like 1

I think that is deactivated. It’s like silencer -1 in Deus 1 V4..my D1 is still with v4.0..