Ver 1.0, 1.1, 2.0 Update Consolidated Information - Post Your Unbiased Impressions And Observations Here

14 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

However, if you have info direct from the XP R&D team that confirms your original statement on base program equivalency, that would be helpful to know.

Yes, it's the case 👍

For your second question, about silencer, when XP said "With settings below 2, it improve performance on mineralized ground." in the manual, it's because with silencer at 0, the algorithm can analyse the ground area to "recover" some targets. So if you want the most "neutral" position of the silencer, it could be found at 1.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, slyworld said:

Yes, it's the case 👍

For your second question, about silencer, when XP said "With settings below 2, it improve performance on mineralized ground." in the manual, it's because with silencer at 0, the algorithm can analyse the ground area to "recover" some targets. So if you want the most "neutral" position of the silencer, it could be found at 1.

I am guessing that what you are referring to when using the words "recover" and "neutral" is Silencer on 1 in iron mineralized soil may be enough to quiet down some falsing from man-made and natural iron but Silencer on 0 is much less likely to mask some non ferrous targets with poor orientation or shift the responses of smaller targets with IDs near the ferrous/non-ferrous tone break over to ferrous due to too much iron filtering on mineralized ground.

• Levels 2 to 3 are a good compromise If you want more ferrous rejection, don’t forget to increase the B.cap rejection (beer caps) this will also help reject ferrous cartridges, ferrous rings and some larger mis-shaped ferrous.

• With settings below 2, it improve(s) performance on mineralized ground.

The latest online manual shows that XP changed the Program 3 Sensitive FT default Silencer setting from 2 (version 1.0) to 3 (version 1.1).

2 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

I am guessing that what you are referring to when using the words "recover" and "neutral" is Silencer on 1 in iron mineralized soil may be enough to quiet down some falsing from man-made and natural iron but Silencer on 0 is much less likely to mask some non ferrous targets with poor orientation or shift the responses of smaller targets with IDs near the ferrous/non-ferrous tone break over to ferrous due to too much iron filtering on mineralized ground.

Sorry, I don't exactly understand what you're talking about. I try to turn my explanation in another way : Silencer is an active filter even at 0 because it recover some target from the ground values so if your goal is to find the less "active" state of the silencer, the more neutral state, it is at 1. (I hope it's more clear, sorry for my bad english...)

2 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

The latest online manual shows that XP changed the Program 3 Sensitive FT default Silencer setting from 2 (version 1.0) to 3 (version 1.1).

No, the silencer changes to 3 since the V1.0 not since the V1.1 and it's because this silencer (from the V1.0) is more "aggressive" to help you find some good targets near to iron.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, slyworld said:

Sorry, I don't exactly understand what you're talking about. I try to turn my explanation in another way : Silencer is an active filter even at 0 because it recover some target from the ground values so if your goal is to find the less "active" state of the silencer, the more neutral state, it is at 1. (I hope it's more clear, sorry for my bad english...)

No, the silencer changes to 3 since the V1.0 not since the V1.1 and it's because this silencer (from the V1.0) is more "aggressive" to help you find some good targets near to iron.

Your explanation is now clear. Thank you.

I downloaded the English version 1.0 manual when it was released and then downloaded the English version 1.1 manual today and printed the factory program default spec page for both manuals. The silencer settings for #3 Sensitive FT were different with 2 being the published default in v1.0 and 3 being the published default in v1.1. I did not check to see if that was actually the default settings using my Deus 2 remote.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jeff McClendon said:

I downloaded the English version 1.0 manual when it was released and then downloaded the English version 1.1 manual today and printed the factory program default spec page for both manuals. The silencer settings for #3 Sensitive FT were different with 2 being the published default in v1.0 and 3 being the published default in v1.1. I did not check to see if that was actually the default settings using my Deus 2 remote.

When Xp published the V1.0, the manual had an error on this point that had been corrected later 😉 Check the V1.0 and you'll see that the silencer on the prog 3 is already at 3.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, slyworld said:

I don't understand, are you saying that having the silencer on 3 
increases the possibility of digging good targets between the iron??
I've always known the opposite in the middle of the iron the silencer must be set to 0!
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, raziel900 said:
I've always known the opposite in the middle of the iron the silencer must be set to 0!

This is true. Silencer at 0 helps to hear and dig out iron-hidden targets. I am sure that after silencer on 3 you will find many more useful targets.

Unfortunately, XP has set silencer from 2 and above in almost all land programs. For novice users, this may be a good thing. Detector will be more friendly and leave quite a few targets for the more experienced and hardworking 🙂

• Like 2

7 hours ago, raziel900 said:

At 0 and 1, the silencer is wide open and helps you find some good targets in the middle of iron but you have to dig a lot !

at 3 and more, the silencer transform some false signals from iron to pure iron signal so it's more comfortable if you have plenty of little iron.

on the V1.0, the silencer is a little more effective at high values if I remember well so to not change too much the program 3, XP decided to change from old silencer at 2 to new silencer at 3 (as I understand)

is it more clear this way ? tell me 🙂

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I'm predominantly a beach hunter and hunt some beaches with a ton of iron, which i believe is from the old 1800s piers. Version 0.71 had iron falsing on this large iron all over the place but the falsing came in around 78-86 on the TID. Sometimes rotating around it would give me iron but sometimes not. Because of the volume of iron, luterally thousands of pieces, i used to have a custom program to notch out that 78-86 TID range. Notching this out, i was able to pull 40 or so silvercoins from the iron by looking for TIDs 88 and up. With 1.0 and 1.1 the iron falsing at two of my beaches now comes in from 90-99, effectively making it impossible to notch out. The updates also make it dang near impossible to detect these areas with any reasonable speed because youre constantly stopping on every piece of iron because it reads in the range that coins read. In the past when not notching out iron falsing i could discriminate in my brain based on the TID and kerp moving when anything in the 80s popped up.  This effectively killed two beaches for me with 1.0 and 1.1.

Ive left it installed so i can give it a fair shot for a few weeks. Just got my ws6 puck back from getting repairs so i can get pmw audio now instead of the boners limiting me to square audio, which i despise. Before the ws6s broke, i was really unhappy with the audio changes but also had a major head cold so it could have been that. Im giving it this last weekend before reverting back to 0.71. I had zero complaints about 0.71 and really found it to be perfect for all my needs. No use suffering through some of the new issues when im mainly a beach hunter. I wish i could load 1.1 on the ws6 and switch over to it here and there when away from the beach in order to give it a fair shot.  Or if we could select which version to run at startup 😍

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 619_805_okie said:

Because of the volume of iron, luterally thousands of pieces, i used to have a custom program to notch out that 78-86 TID range.

What about the gold in this range?

With 1.0 and 1.1 the iron falsing at two of my beaches now comes in from 90-99, effectively making it impossible to notch out.

As a pure beach hunter, myself. If the Deus update would put all iron falsing 90-99 I would consider this the biggest gift EVER! 
This would mean I could confidently pass iron and retrieve almost all gold targets. Not trying to be critical here but 40 silver coins that come out of the ocean is not worth squat. There is no collector value of silver out of salt water. One gold ring removal would crush what 40 silver coins are worth. 

Ive left it installed so i can give it a fair shot for a few weeks.

I would seriously notch out this "new" iron range and concentrate on lower numbers. Am curious to see what other beach hunters are seeing for iron falsing.  

• Like 1