Day At The Beach With D2 V1 - Some Surprises

Glad you, found those settings useful and thanks for giving it a run on a beach other than Florida's east coast. 

I'm still tweaking it based on V1 parameters.  😉

• Like 4

Really nice hunt and glad you like V1.0 update! 👍

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Ogliuga said:

Really nice hunt and glad you like V1.0 update! 👍

Thanks Ogliuga,

I think that since so much has changed with the operation of the D2, we all need to take a step back and focus on what we need to do to get the most out of the new settings. These were logical and well-considered changes for the most part, and the time it took to get them right was considerable.

It took me a year to get comfortable and confident with the previous version, so why would I think updating and adding features would make me able to walk right out the door and find more gold?

But that is exactly what happened. In 3 hunts (two short, one long) I have found two gold objects.20230516_134547.thumb.jpg.a22d84c09997810ee65d2a9407fd0446.jpg20230523_191845.thumb.jpg.d0936275afd3b07301ea9ea7d55961f6.jpg 🤔

I have no idea why, but for sure the D2 is finding me more. Gold.

We should all get together here and take an objective look, and I think that is happening. I am pretty confident that anything I'm missing from V0.71 is still there, it's just a matter of finding it or tweaking some of the new defaults to bring it back, if that is even necessary. Only time well tell, same as it ever was.

I am sad that our prospecting friends are disappointed that XP did not fully address their needs, as I see it the Deus 2 was intended to be more of a beach and relic machine anyway. I've written it before that if Swiss Army knives have too many blades and gadgets, they become too cumbersome to use. The D1 and ORX both seem to be more geared to relics, coin shooting and prospecting, and they still make and sell them.

All I ever asked for was a 10x5 elliptical. 🤣

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ColonelDan said:

Glad you, found those settings useful and thanks for giving it a run on a beach other than Florida's east coast. 

I'm still tweaking it based on V1 parameters.  😉

Thanks Colonel, I'm always willing to take a fresh look at my machine. I think you may be on to something. 🙂

Memorial Day is coming 🇺🇲 ✝️ and after that somber remembrance we need to hit the beaches like Normandy 😀 right now the pickin's are slim.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, F350Platinum said:

Thanks Colonel, I'm always willing to take a fresh look at my machine. I think you may be on to something. 🙂

Memorial Day is coming 🇺🇲 ✝️ and after that somber remembrance we need to hit the beaches like Normandy 😀 right now the pickin's are slim.

Florida beaches are very humid today…more so than normal but I got a few hours in to included some verification testing.  I’ll be in touch. 

• Like 3

Yes, I agree with you. I think that, talking about V1.0, we need to study and understand. I agree also with your words “need to take a step back and focus on what we need to do to get the most out othe new settings” . 

That’s what I think, we have to test and understand new settings for different types of hunt. 👍

• Like 2

Congrats on the gold and silver, F350, well done!

And thanks for the beach reports from you and the Colonel. I'm very keen to hit a beach this year as my D2 has never seen sand. 😎 Besides what you found, I also noticed what you didn't find, which was a ton of pull tabs or iron. That looks like a good sign.

I also went back to the drawing board to rein in my settings. I got lucky the first few times out, but got my but kicked the third time out from having my settings way too agressive. It seems less is more with V1.0, but even digging iron and tabs is teaching me something more, so back to the lessons. 😏

• Like 2

5 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Congrats on the gold and silver, F350, well done!

And thanks for the beach reports from you and the Colonel. I'm very keen to hit a beach this year as my D2 has never seen sand. 😎 Besides what you found, I also noticed what you didn't find, which was a ton of pull tabs or iron. That looks like a good sign.

I also went back to the drawing board to rein in my settings. I got lucky the first few times out, but got my but kicked the third time out from having my settings way too agressive. It seems less is more with V1.0, but even digging iron and tabs is teaching me something more, so back to the lessons. 😏

Thanks Cap'n,

Iron was easy to dodge with the program, and when in doubt I switched to Relic Reaper to be sure.

Pull tabs were a different story, the pieces were lower tones in the 50s so I dug them. Gotta figure out how to get that up/down tone in RR back, might be audio filter. 🤔

• Like 1