GPX 6k Shaft Mod: O-rings Work, But Glueless Clamps Are Great

O-rings work pretty well for locking down the twist locks on the GPX 6000 shaft, but they don’t work perfectly and get really hard to unlock. So in trying to figure out a better way to go, I decided to try something much different. I don’t remember who first mentioned this, but using Detecting Innovations’ Glueless Clamps designed for Tele-Knox Shafts are a really great modification! High Plains Prospectors sells a set containing 2 clamps for $20, and they fit GPX 6000 shaft sections perfectly.

For this modification, you have to cut off the two twist locks right up next to each one, and the best way I know to cut carbon fiber shaft tubes is with a basic diamond bladed tile saw so you don’t mess up the fibers. You don’t need water for it either.

The shaft clamps work perfectly, and fit very well. You do not need to use glue or anything like that, they simply tighten up with a hex screw that is included with the kit. My 6000 is much more compact and I’ve only lost about 2 inches total from the shaft length by cutting off the twist locks.

IMG_1062.thumb.jpeg.04fb65be6b2c3077e639cbd443716f7d.jpegIMG_1059.thumb.jpeg.950ffd2d5feb0c60c33efc3df371136e.jpegIMG_1061.thumb.jpeg.7ae3219e1a06fd352c7aebe67fc86a50.jpegIMG_1060.thumb.jpeg.2446fe4f9e506d7a86810c3ebc3d4501.jpego

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

• The title was changed to GPX 6k Shaft Mod: O-rings Work, But Glueless Clamps Are Great

That's how it should have been made, they appeared to work that out with the Manticore.

Well done, a proper solution for minimal expense.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1