Second V1 Hunt Silver

Just got out to hunt for a couple hours after work. My son went with me with my old Whites XLT. This is only the second time I have been out with V1, and only a couple hours each time. I was using a modified fast (my V 0.71 custom program I am trying to adapt to the new version before I start branching out and exploring new options).  

I was hunting right under a low level powerline and getting lots of chatter. I had dropped the sensitivity to the mid 80s which helped a bit.  Hit a nice high 80s TID less than a foot off the road and out popped this ring.  I’m thinking the “stones“ are plastic, but the band is stamped 925 and has a little skewed + near it.  Also found this Disney rocket car.   

My son found the metal disc which says distinguished visitor usite 72.  A quick Internet search keeps turning up stuff like aircraft carrier tours, but I’m not sure that’s correct. He would love to know what it is so if any of you happen to know please chime in.

Thanks!

B20D5254-F4E6-4C88-B3C8-07934780F39F.jpeg

A427B73D-0902-4FD8-B4EA-0FB62DA952C4.jpeg

• Like 8

6 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Nice finds.  I take it that you attempted a frequency shift noise cancel to no avail before resorting to lowering sensitivity.

Correct.  It did shift the frequency, but it was still unstable.  I don’t know if it was the interference, but as with V0.71 my custom square pitch program is started up sounding like a different audio option.  I did my standard program switch, pinpoint randomly, frequency scan, switch back a couple times before it settled down and started sounding correct.  It was interesting to note that as I cycled past F350Platinum’s Relic Reaper, the XY plot was giving me a jumbled sine wave pattern.

Perhaps the best find of the night was when a policeman pulled up beside me. Turns out he has owned a D2 for about a year and a half and would love a hunting buddy!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Geologyhound said:

Correct.  It did shift the frequency, but it was still unstable.  I don’t know if it was the interference, but as with V0.71 my custom square pitch program is started up sounding like a different audio option.  I did my standard program switch, pinpoint randomly, frequency scan, switch back a couple times before it settled down and started sounding correct.  It was interesting to note that as I cycled past F350Platinum’s Relic Reaper, the XY plot was giving me a jumbled sine wave pattern.

Perhaps the best find of the night was when a policeman pulled up beside me. Turns out he has owned a D2 for about a year and a half and would love a hunting buddy!

Nice hunt G-hound. 👍

Chase made an excellent suggestion to me as a modification for Relic Reaper, lower Max Frequency to 24 kHz.

You might want to look into Rattlehead's Silver Slayer, I think he is changing it a bit for V1 but in high EMI it ran quiet even under power lines. At least you'll find some coins 😀

Every now and again my D2 will come up in a strange audio configuration, I restart it, and that usually fixes the problem.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Geologyhound said:

My son found the metal disc which says distinguished visitor usite 72.

Just WAGging:

Red, White, and Blue; 1972 was an Olympics year (both winter and summer games).  Were any Olympic Trials held in your area that year?

OTOH '72' might not refer to a calendar year but rather the 72nd meeting of some organization.  The condition of the button you show seems pretty good for having been in the ground 50 years....