Version 1.1 Now Available For Update On The XP Site.

abenson

29 minutes ago, 619_805_okie said:

I was able to get on and it appears xp has locked out my account. My old password didnt work, i reset it and the new password doesnt work. I guess it doesnt pay to post about how their updated ruined my ws6 when it froze (known issue that they now list in the 1.1 update) then wouldnt come back to life.

You're on their list now buddy no updates for you!!!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, 619_805_okie said:

Website is down. I am super un8mpressed with xp rolling out this update. Not only did 1.0 literally toast my ws6 where it wont turn on. Im not able once again to get the web link to work, it just times out. Super unprofessional roll out for a bunch up crappy updates. Sorry guys, i loved 0.71 but im not drink8ng the kool aid on this. They owe their customers an apology for how crappy this execution it was.

It's people like you that they quickly rushed out 1.1 for, last thing they want is a heap of warranty claims on WS6's.

I'm sure your account problems are a coincidence not a punishment. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, abenson said:

All beach programs are the same as version .71

With the premise that I use the instrument solely underwater in a saltwater environment, I take this opportunity to expand on my impressions of the P10/P11/P12 beach programs.
Given a different frequency (now editable), I appreciated the freedom to keep what works and suppress what is not needed.
However, some time back there was discussion about manual balancing with the + and - buttons, mentioning multifrequency and the difficulty of balancing both.
Nothing to say about a double ground balance, for goodness sake, but such a high Gset versus a lower Gid would need to be corrected.
I get an annoying false signal on clay and hot rocks around IDs 25/27, and it is precisely on those numbers that the GB should settle.
Instead, the points are usually between 78 and 90.
If it is not possible to unlock the manual balance management like on the mono program, it would at least be a good thing to have selectable biases on presets, like for maximum frequency bias.
Thanks

1 hour ago, phrunt said:

It's people like you that they quickly rushed out 1.1 for, last thing they want is a heap of warranty claims on WS6's.

I'm sure your account problems are a coincidence not a punishment. 

I didnt push for an update, i just rolled back when it turns out they released a crappy update. If it wouldnt have roached my ws6 i wouldnt have cared because i was perfectly happy with 0.71.

Being someone that was not totally happy with version 0.71, I was excited to get version 1.0.

After yesterday's hunt at a magnetite, tin, square nail laden late 1800s site I was no longer even remotely happy with 1.0. The falsing was out of this world.......

I am glad that XP issued version 1.1 because I was about ready to sell Deus 2.

The version 1.1 update for the remote and WS6 went smoothly and quickly and I am no computer whiz. I did not have to go through a pairing process with the remote and WS6. My WS6 as Slave was already paired with the remote after the update.

Let's see what happens next.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jeff McClendon said:

Being someone that was not totally happy with version 0.71, I was excited to get version 1.0.

After yesterday's hunt at a magnetite, tin, square nail laden late 1800s site I was no longer even remotely happy with 1.0. The falsing was out of this world.......

I am glad that XP issued version 1.1 because I was about ready to sell Deus 2.

The version 1.1 update for the remote and WS6 went smoothly and quickly and I am no computer whiz. I did not have to go through a pairing process with the remote and WS6. My WS6 as Slave was already paired with the remote after the update.

Let's see what happens next.

See my response to you in your other post.  Don’t get too excited as I am not sure 1.1 will necessarily address the falsing you were experiencing but it will certainly address severe ferrous masking even at high reactivity settings that was plaguing the Sensitive with ver 1.0.  

In my initial park hunt with V1.1, I noticed a substantial reduction in iron falsing with Silencer and B.Caps at 0. I took the time to test Silencer and B.Caps responses individually on two big rusty nails before I dug them and they're both working better and less agressive in the low numbers. Of course I haven't had the chance to test it in a relic setting yet. That will tell the tale for sure.

• Like 4

How do you get to the 1.1 update?  When I go on the xp website, and go to updates, it only shows v. 1.0.