Thinking Of Getting A New Detector

8 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

The 800 is waterproof where the 600 is not, so think about where you are going to use the detector the most.

Good advice VL, but the 600 is just as waterproof as the 800 🙂 I've dunked mine a lot and had no problems.

• Like 5

@Diggin' It 

@Chase Goldman's post earlier in the thread is quite literally gold, and effectively summarizes the best options on the market. I can speak from the perspective of having the Equinox 800 and the Legend and, while they have some slight differences in areas of strengths/weaknesses, I consider them almost interchangeable in terms of outcomes. They are noticeably different swings, however, and I mean that in a good way.

If I had to do it all over again and go with a single detector, I'd go the Legend route if price was an issue. If price wasn't a consideration, however, I'd pony up for the Equinox 900 for all the improvements over the prior 600/800 models. And I do like the 800/900 options vs. the 600/700 ones for the higher frequency options. Even if you aren't gold prospecting, the 20 and 40 kHz settings available onthe 800 and 900 can be useful for hunting small gold jewelry. That said, the Legend has those same higher frequency options (as well as multi frequency) at a much lower price point.

• Like 3

Tried it out for just 15 minutes day before yesterday, to look at/get used to the controls...found only a nail. Got it back out today, for only 30 minutes, and found a 1928 penny! The oldest coin I've found here yet!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Diggin' It said:

Tried it out for just 15 minutes day before yesterday, to look at/get used to the controls...found only a nail. Got it back out today, for only 30 minutes, and found a 1928 penny! The oldest coin I've found here yet!

@Diggin' It Which unit did you end up choosing? (And sorry if I missed it!)

Congrats on the 1928 penny -- I still haven't pulled anything that old!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Diggin' It said:

Sorry, I think I forgot to say which one I chose...the Equinox 600. Thanks, I think I have a 1926, I found at a church with the MX7, these are the two oldest for me.

Have fun with it!  Should really open up some new possibilities because of its technical differences from the MX7 and it’s a tad lighter, too.

• Like 2