First Run With V1.1

Nice hunt and report , CPT. 👍

Very nice!

• Like 1

Interesting review. Thank you mate!

• Like 1

Thanks for getting out and testing real world, Cap'n! 👍 Looks like you got about rainbow-ed out there, from the Hot Wheels car to the jewelry. 🤣 Love the fine linen and china display as well.

Your report is encouraging, I was still trying to be objective with V1, but apparently they made it a bit easier to be. The audio response bit is intriguing. 🤔

• Like 2

Nice one CPT! I never would have thought that Audio Response could have an impact on falsing. I watched a couple of vids on how well Fast was unmasking in iron in V1.10. Very impressive. Using the offset in Full Tones was a good idea. I can't wait to get out and try it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lodge Scent said:

Nice one CPT! I never would have thought that Audio Response could have an impact on falsing. I watched a couple of vids on how well Fast was unmasking in iron in V1.10. Very impressive. Using the offset in Full Tones was a good idea. I can't wait to get out and try it!

It could be - that is ALL AUDIO amplifying... so the amount of EMI mixed with noise is going up.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

One of the things that I was going to try was running the Audio Response lower than my usual 5 as suggested by Paystreak in a video. I had no idea that Audio Response was one of the things that was beefed up in V1.0 and it turned out that was one of the major contributors to my falsing problems.

Audio response and sensitivity kind of go hand in hand. I hunt in audio 5 at the beach and like to control the rest of the noise with sensitivity. 

Did you try a few points lower of sensitivity at 5? 

Were you able to raise sensitivity when you ran at audio 4 in the update? 

This is where testing targets at fringe depths really helps in knowing your machines performance. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, midalake said:

Audio response and sensitivity kind of go hand in hand. I hunt in audio 5 at the beach and like to control the rest of the noise with sensitivity. 

Did you try a few points lower of sensitivity at 5? 

Were you able to raise sensitivity when you ran at audio 4 in the update? 

This is where testing targets at fringe depths really helps in knowing your machines performance. 

I use to run Audio Response at 5 in V0.71 but it was not good in V1.0. When I updated to V1.1, I just went with the stock 4 and it was so much more descriptive as to the depth and size of targets that I never tried to raise Audio Response or the Sensitivity.

• Like 2