First Run With V1.1

12 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

What IS that Mexican Token made out of?

It's a lighter metal, probably plated or anodized aluminum. It came up 96-97 on the TID, but I'm sure that's all about the size. 😏

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Excellent report CPT.  I have V1.1 on one of my Deus’ and will install it on the other one soon.

Again, excellent report 

• Thanks 1

You make me want a Deus 2, although my Deus 1 experience wasn't all it was cracked up to be, a year or so ago it was the greatest thing since sliced bread to some people... so I got one, and well, big disappointment.....   I'm tempted by the Deus 2...  but also after my Deus 1 a bit iffy on it for my needs.  All I want is deep with reliable target ID's in mild soils and my Ace 300 towers over the Deus 1 for this.....

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, phrunt said:

You make me want a Deus 2, although my Deus 1 experience wasn't all it was cracked up to be, a year or so ago it was the greatest thing since sliced bread to some people... so I got one, and well, big disappointment.....   I'm tempted by the Deus 2...  but also after my Deus 1 a bit iffy on it for my needs.  All I want is deep with reliable target ID's in mild soils and my Ace 300 towers over the Deus 1 for this.....

I take it your not happy with the Manticore then ?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Chesroy said:

I take it your not happy with the Manticore then ?

I'm extremely happy with the Manticore, except for it's Target Id's, the Nox 800 and Vanquish leaves the Manticore for dead when it comes to ID capability.  It's my only disappointment with the Manticore, although somewhat a big disappointment.

I thought I'd hate the Deus 1 wireless coil stuff, but it's grown on me, I don't mind it, I'd prefer coil cables but in a way it's nice and quick to change coils and works perfectly fine.  I don't like the fact it's planned obsolesce with the coils and batteries but other than that, it's pretty good and reliable.  I can put batteries in my Gold Bug 2 decades after it's release and I want to as it's still a good detector today, can I with my Deus 1? I don't know...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, phrunt said:

I thought I'd hate the Deus 1 wireless coil stuff, but it's grown on me, I don't mind it, I'd prefer coil cables but in a way it's nice and quick to change coils and works perfectly fine.  I don't like the fact it's planned obsolesce with the coils and batteries but other than that, it's pretty good and reliable.  I can put batteries in my Gold Bug 2 decades after it's release and I want to as it's still a good detector today, can I with my Deus 1? I don't know...

I think it's fair to say that changing the LiPo battery in the WSA headphones, the WS6 and the D2 Remote is quite a lot easier than changing the battery in a cell phone.  Changing the battery in an XP coil is slightly less easy, but perfectly do-able (there are YT videos out there).  I would not let LiPo-phobia hold you back! 😀

• Like 3

My first run with 1.1 got me a nice ornate silver and a plai  looking small gold ring that were less than a foot apart. Also the usual amount of coins etc. The thing that I'm finding with the deus II  while trying to test these updates, is that I really can't expect it to behave the same way in the same soil day to day or,  Daytime vs night-time.  The signals that I expext to hear  just keep changing.  Maybe it's just that time of year where the soil is really dry, especially during the day. I wish I could manually adjust the ground balance. (JUST TO SEE). But for now,  I find that testing a few targets from my test pack in the soil really goes a long way to helping.

So far, I'm just putting in the time...

• Like 2

Update: Hunt # 2 with V1.1

So rather than start a new thread I decided to just show the results from my short 2nd hunt with V1.1 yesterday.

This was about a 2 1/2 hour hunt at an older park that one of my detecting buddies told me had been hammered hard since the 70s and lots of old silver coins came out of there. I was hoping there might still be one hidden there, so I made a quick run before the afternoon rainstorm came in. This very small park is well manicured and clean as a whistle. There was no surface trash and the daily rain has made the grass about 3-4 inches high and the ground is damp. 

I ran V1.1 in the same config as the first hunt a couple of days ago, Fast, Disc 6.8, Notch 7-30, Full Tones, High Sqr, Sensitivity 95, Reactivity 1.5, Silencer and B.Caps 0, Iron Vol 7, Audio Response 4, FE TID on, Audio Filter 0.

There were almost no signals anywhere except for occasional deep iron grunts. I played with lowering my Reactivity to 0 but there just weren't any signals. I figure that place still gets detected pretty often. When I got near a grove of trees I started geting the familiar ring pulls and pull tabs, but I was able to call each one before I dug and also the few bits of canslaw I dug by also checking them with Deus Mono in the XY screen. That was dead on for every bit of trash with squiggly lines and wildly jumping numbers. The only bits that fooled me were the broken off beaver tails which rang up and sounded very much like nickels. However, one signal I thought was another beaver tail ended up being a 6 inch deep 1964 nickel.

There was still minimal iron falsing and most was really easy to tell with a 90 degree turn on the signal and also by the iron tone being right with the false. I was also able to trace the end of the iron object with the pinpoint mode and if the high number was at the edge it was obviously iron. The big rusty nail I dug was about 7-8 inches deep, oriented with the head up, and threw an occasional 90-91. It was very iffy but I had to check it out. The iron washer was also deep and just gave an iron tone but sounded round so I dug it partly because there were so few good targets.

As I was heading back across the open area to my car I got a solid 80 which I thought might be a bottle cap, but just sounded too good for that and it was a foreign coin of some type. I haven't figured out where it's from yet, so if anyone knows, please let me know.

About 10 feet from there, I got pretty solid 76-78. It was just a little too solid sounding to be a ring pull so I popped it up and out comes a .925 silver cross pendant. Woohoo, silver # 11 for the year. I've found 6 pieces of silver since January before the update. I've found 5 pieces of silver since the V1.0 update (3 with V1.0 and 2 with V1.1) so far this month. I only found 15 pieces of silver last year with the D2. That may not mean anything, but then again, it might. 😏

V1.1-2a.JPEG

V1.1-2b.JPEG

V1.1-2c.JPEG

V1.1-2d.JPEG

V1.1-2e.JPEG

V1.1-2f.JPEG

• Like 9

7 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

I haven't figured out where it's from yet, so if anyone knows, please let me know

Hey Cap'n,

Nice hunt, your coin is Rama IX from Thailand. Don't know what year or denomination, but he's wearing cool glasses 🤣

• Thanks 1

I really enjoyed reading that review.

Great skills, thanks for sharing 🤝

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1