XP Deus 2 Nokta Legend Seated Dimes

A great hunt. Good to hear the Legend did well. I hope XP gets the Deus 2 back in line.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

Anyone have an idea about what that tiny spoon shaped relic is

I have a question about the spoon and it is this, does it have a groove from the bowl to the end of the handle.

If it does it would be 1/2 of a lead ball mold. They would be stood up and then filled from the handle end and after the would cool they would be separated.

Don't really know for sure, and it could also be a simple baby spoon from a poor person.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

I have a question about the spoon and it is this, does it have a groove from the bowl to the end of the handle.

If it does it would be 1/2 of a lead ball mold. They would be stood up and then filled from the handle end and after the would cool they would be separated.

Don't really know for sure, and it could also be a simple baby spoon from a poor person.

This little spoon is made out of lead. If it once had a groove in its handle, I can't see any evidence of it.

1 hour ago, UKD2User said:

I think that the spoon-shaped thingy is probably off a seed drill. examples here: https://finds.org.uk/database/search/results/q/seed+drill+spoon

and here (second photo) : https://ehive.com/collections/8551/objects/965859/seed-drill-spoon-feed-drill

This object is made out of lead.

It was found on a late 1800s USA high altitude mountainous site that is in an area where cultivating the ground for farming on any kind of scale larger than a small back door garden would be impossible.

58 minutes ago, Jeff McClendon said:

This object is made out of lead.

It was found on a late 1800s USA high altitude mountainous site that is in an area where cultivating the ground for farming on any kind of scale larger than a small back door garden would be impossible.

Ah! 😀In that case, the ideas that it's a measure/scoop for powder/shot/mercury seem much more likely.

• Like 1

It does not appear to be large enough to hold any usable amount of Black Powder for reloading. 40-70+ grains is needed for most calibers.  How much Mercury is used to amalgamate a small take of Gold?

16 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

This little spoon is made out of lead.

I didn't know what it was made out of and that scraps both of my thoughts on it.

Being on the Gulf working I don't have my grandfathers old books to look things up.

• Like 2