Headphones V1.1

Don’t recall where, but I remember reading somebody saying that headphones (WSA 2/WSA 2 XL) didn’t need to be updated in V 1.1.  I updated today. Remote went fine, puck had some issues with freezing instead of accepting update prompt.  However, a prompt from the website said don’t forget to update your headphones to V 1.1.  So, I went ahead and updated my WSA 2 XL, and the screen said it was V 1.1 for the headphones.  So if anybody missed upgrading their headphones, you may want to go back and check.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Geologyhound said:

Don’t recall where, but I remember reading somebody saying that headphones (WSA 2/WSA 2 XL) didn’t need to be updated in V 1.1.  I updated today. Remote went fine, puck had some issues with freezing instead of accepting update prompt.  However, a prompt from the website said don’t forget to update your headphones to V 1.1.  So, I went ahead and updated my WSA 2 XL, and the screen said it was V 1.1 for the headphones.  So if anybody missed upgrading their headphones, you may want to go back and check.

That was me, and I only mentioned the WSA II headphones. They will not update. 🙂 I don't have the WSA II XL.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

That was me, and I only mentioned the WSA II headphones. They will not update. 🙂 I don't have the WSA II XL.

I updated both my WSA II and WSA II-XL headphones to V1.1. I had trouble getting the WSA IIs to connect for the update, then I figured it out. You have to start with the WSA IIs in off (standby) mode. Then push and hold the minus button before you push and hold the + button for 12 seconds. After 10-12 seconds the light will be solid on (not flashing or pulsing) and you can connect the USB cable to the phones and then to the computer. Then it will let you click on connect and choose which update (V1.0 or V1.1) to download to the WSA II puck. If all goes well, it will show "Success" on the computer screen.

I tried to push bothe buttons at the same time and it wouldn't connect, so remember to push - button first. HTH

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

I updated both my WSA II and WSA II-XL headphones to V1.1. I had trouble getting the WSA IIs to connect for the update, then I figured it out. You have to start with the WSA IIs in off (standby) mode. Then push and hold the minus button before you push and hold the + button for 12 seconds. After 10-12 seconds the light will be solid on (not flashing or pulsing) and you can connect the USB cable to the phones and then to the computer. Then it will let you click on connect and choose which update (V1.0 or V1.1) to download to the WSA II puck. If all goes well, it will show "Success" on the computer screen.

I tried to push bothe buttons at the same time and it wouldn't connect, so remember to push - button first. HTH

Same for the WSA ll XL. Start in the standby. If you follow the prompts in order your WSAll XL phones pair with the WS6 when you prepare it to update and when you have finished, the WSAll XL phones are still in the paired mode. Turn them off before you attempt the update and use the single cord to do so.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

I did this, and I stand corrected. Thanks Cap'n and Carolina, they wouldn't update and worked just fine after the update, so I made an incorrect assumption. 🙂

• Like 1

I think it's good housekeeping to always update the headphones whenever the RC has been updated.

Also it's good to get into the habit of turning the unused RC volumes down after the update. This will significantly improve your battery life.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Gary XP said:

I think it's good housekeeping to always update the headphones whenever the RC has been updated.

Also it's good to get into the habit of turning the unused RC volumes down after the update. This will significantly improve your battery life.

Great tip, thanks Gary.  Noticed these other levels when verifying the Equilzer hot key bug.  They are easy to turn down using the hot keys.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gary XP said:

Thanks for the reminder about turning unused audio to zero!  I remembered to do that when I updated to 1.0, but had forgotten when I updated to 1.1. 

• Like 2