X-Terra Pro, Hunt 3

Last night after work I went to the beach with my Terra Pro to search the dry beach. 

My beaches are fairly trashy and full of all types of metals and targets. The machine worked well and I don't have anything to report on water use. It found me as much as I think any other machine would have found me if i used another machine. 

I found its first Silver ring and a junk ring, 1 small foreign coin and £9.33p in spendable coins.

If there is anything at all that i can criticize it would be the inability to knock out crown caps. (The one in the picture) They constantly come in at a high number and as the Terra and the 900 and the Manticore by the looks of it aren't the most stable on numbers , it would be an absolute dream come true if Minelab would just do something about that one thing. Then the new Terra will turn into a proper Terra'ist of beach detecting.

My next hunt will be in the week if i can but not so sure which machine to use. 800 , Legend or the Terra again ? I think without looking the tides are a bit longer then. Could do with the sand showing.

23) £9.33p PLUS SILVER FOUND 27-05-23  XT. P.JPG

• Like 5

The difference though between the eq900 and manticore compared to the xterra pro is the fact you will definitely pay for it before the others with the finds you are retrieving...that makes it that much more fun!!

As with most machines with a broader spectrum vdi readout, the numbers do vary a bit even using multi iq  and get averaged down a bit with good targets next to iron. 

But a good signal will only vary slightly and stay withing 3 to 5 digits using multi iq and the 99 segment scale.

People have not taken into consideration that common items such as coins are not always flat in the soil matrix either. Some are at angles and some are on edge...etc.

Anyways, I think that was a great hunt with your xterra pro!!

13 hours ago, bigtim1973 said:

The difference though between the eq900 and manticore compared to the xterra pro is the fact you will definitely pay for it before the others with the finds you are retrieving...that makes it that much more fun!!

As with most machines with a broader spectrum vdi readout, the numbers do vary a bit even using multi iq  and get averaged down a bit with good targets next to iron. 

But a good signal will only vary slightly and stay withing 3 to 5 digits using multi iq and the 99 segment scale.

People have not taken into consideration that common items such as coins are not always flat in the soil matrix either. Some are at angles and some are on edge...etc.

Anyways, I think that was a great hunt with your xterra pro!!

Hunt 4 on Wednesday night will be with the Terra . 11.30pm till 4am Thursday. Mostly on the tops amongst the crown caps ! but hopefully plenty of decent finds to be had.

• The title was changed to X-Terra Pro, Hunt 3