Every filter poses the risk of losing some targets.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, GermanGuy said:

Did someone of you use the bottle cap filter from the Legend? Does it really work? Or will you miss other targets like coins too?

To answer your question yes if you set the bottle cap rejection to high, it can cost you good targets I experimented with it a little just to see at what point you start to loose good targets and for me personally I decided to leave it set to zero which is no bottle cap reject, as phrunt said the more filtering you set can cost you good targets

• Like 1

3 works well and it pretty safe for coins.

• Like 3

On 5/29/2023 at 12:56 PM, GermanGuy said:

I wonder if it's worth investing money in the Legend? I will mainly go hunting on fields ( Fibeln, Coins,...). 

I know the the Legend has multifrequence feature, but I don't really know if it's really a game change or just a hype.

I'm hunting in Belgium so we more or less have the same type of targets under the coil 🙂 and I can honestly advise you to buy the Legend. Be sure however to buy a new package (that's with version 1.11 and LG30 coil) and you will be set to go.

I hunted with a Teknetics Alpha before this and there's simply no comparison between the two, the legend is simply the better machine. Multi-frequency is a game changer in some aspects but single frequency still has it's use (in high EMI for instance). 

You also need to consider the fact that the customer service of Nokta is very good and reading the manual (which is very complete) will get you started without too much troubles.

• Like 2

The Legend's Bottle Cap rejection control also works well for rotten sheet metal trash found around old farmsteads. It actually works better,  as 1 or 2 is usually sufficient to break it up.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello everybody,

regarding your advices and experiences with the Legend, I ordered a Legend too and I did an air-test with the Legend an the TX-850:

Testobjects are:

1. white-gold-ring
  2. one euro-coin
  3. necklace
  4. shell casing
  5. iron part

Settings TX-850:

All metal mode

Gain 95

Threshold 0

Settings Legend:

Field Mode 1&2 (factory settings)

All metal mode

Sensitivity 28

TX-850_vs_Legend.thumb.jpg.58ccc689ac36a3d2f9bf5ad14512c63b.jpg

Now for me it shows that the Legend performs much better than the TX-850 (keep in mind I paid only 120€ for the TX-850).

So the benfit of the search depth depends on the target and seem to be something around 10cm and up to 20cm, what is a big difference!

I think I probably made a mistake with the iron part on the Legend. I set the sound volume very low and together with the low tone of iron detection, I maybe recognized too late, that the Legend already detect the iron.

For the white-gold-ring the M2 settings are going much deeper than the M1, for the other metal parts I didn´t see a big difference.

From my point of view I can say now, that spending the money on the Legend is ok. I´m able to detect deeper parts, which I wasn´t able to find by now and I think the advantage on field/beach is probably even bigger than the air test shows.

I hope it´s interesting for you too, maybe you even can confirm the results.

Best regards from germany!

• Like 1

Quote:"I hope it´s interesting for you too"
Unfortunately, these tests are almost meaningless. Half of the 'depth' difference you are seeing is caused by the larger search-coil on the Legend. I assume you have the LG30, 30cm x 23cm ( 12" x 9" ), and your G2 clone has the 11" x 7" bi-axial clone coil? If you had a larger coil for the clone ( a proper brand one ) you would find the air 'depths' increase.

In-ground testing is the best way to sort out what works when comparing multi-frequency vs. single frequency.

[What would probably be more interesting is a comparison between the Teknetics G2+ and this TX850, with original search-coils, and with genuine Tek coils.]
  • Like 1

As far as I know the Clone has more or less the same search depth as the G2+.

For sure, an in-ground-testing for different soils would be better to (hopefully) see the advantage of the multifrequence machine.

3 hours ago, PimentoUK said:

Quote:" I assume you have the LG30, 30cm x 23cm ( 12" x 9" ), and your G2 clone has the 11" x 7" bi-axial clone coil? "

The TX-850 has a 11" x 8.5" DD-Coil, so the difference to the Nokta Coil is not so big.