Where Are Those Goldhounds? And What Mischief Are They Into Now?

Hope you mates are having it good over there---

I have watched all the videos many times ..

Looking forward to next year ...

Norvic ---- are you behaving?????

I havent heard from klunker lately so he is either sneaking out there and swinging-----or else he is actually having to work this summer,,,, :tongue:

i found two small ones this weekend... 0.6g total.... walked about 500 miles to get them...but i needed the exercise!

Happy hunting to everyone here and there!

• Like 2

The blighters are flogging me nuggets, that`ll learn me for leaving em laying around..........:biggrin:

Having a ball in Side by Side, prospecting in style like a city slicker, tis the way to go. Why didn`t you Yanks send em over the pond to us 30 years ago? Rumour is MLs bringing out one complete with built in 3m x 2m coil.

Kls designing a new detector with those little lights spread over the circuit board, so as it glows in the dark, detector that is...........

• Like 2

NASA is bringing back those little lights to keep circuit boards nice and warm and lit up, have a peek at this. ML will be onto this like a ferrite onto a rabbit. Crikey the Z10000, will be dual purpose, take it to bed and keep you warm.........

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/185027-the-vacuum-tube-strikes-back-nasas-tiny-460ghz-vacuum-transistor-that-could-one-day-replace-silicon-fets

Hi Paul

It's the middle of the best part of the season so you won't hear much from us, as the only time I'm in town is 2 or 3 days to get supplies every month or so.

We've been doing well and we are just preparing to go in to a really rugged and very remote area that probably hasn't ever had a detector go over it. Its a grueling 60km bush bash through some verrrrrry rugged and steeeeeep terrain.

Hopefully we can find the fabled town of Nuggetsville.  Or even better Slugsville!

Keep in touch via pm if your still coming over and we can organize a mission for sure.

• Like 5

On 7/21/2016 at 9:41 PM, Norvic said:

The blighters are flogging me nuggets, that`ll learn me for leaving em laying around..........:biggrin:

Having a ball in Side by Side, prospecting in style like a city slicker, tis the way to go. Why didn`t you Yanks send em over the pond to us 30 years ago? Rumour is MLs bringing out one complete with built in 3m x 2m coil.

Kls designing a new detector with those little lights spread over the circuit board, so as it glows in the dark, detector that is...........

Dont put too many miles on the side by... and be easy on the tranny!!! lol

How far is the fish camp from where you live??? Barramundi just sounds like i fish i need to catch once or twice!

lukes_bazza.jpg

Yeah, doubt I can put you on to one that big, by photo that is a impoundment barra (introduced to fresh water lake). Looks about 1.4m, biggest I`ve ever got here is just over 1M. But a fish about 70cm to 80cm is ideal, better eating and more spectacular fight. No fishing hut is 350ks from home ie roughly 220mls. Hut is on the southern end of Hinchinbrook Channel, all fish here are caught in salt water. Can only access hut by boat, generators and that sort of camp, tin hut but still pretty comfy. Actually am down there now just got here this arvo,(about 4 hours drive from home, another hour by boat) will see if I can score a fish, will post photo if I get lucky.