Merrill Nyc Detecting - "proof: Minelab Manticore Misses A Lot Of Gold"

I can't tell you who he looks like because I am usually face palming myself while shaking my head with my eyes closed.  How can anybody think he is a detector guru and smart, after going public with a video not knowing how basic discrimination works on a detector? That's what it came down to...he doesn't understand basic discrimination and must have skipped over the parts in the manual about the basic factory PRESET programs; why they were designed to be starting points with the ability to change and save them.  It says right in the manual how much discrimination is used for each of the search modes.  We've got to stop saying that people can't possibly get any dumber...because they are taking that as a challenge.

Only detecting for 6 years now, I consider my talents above average with an aversion to digging clay! 

However,  I did open up the discrimination 1-4 within low conductors.  It sure makes the detector liven up.  Almost to the point of being unstable.  Now, I just need to find those gold chains that everyone has been missing. 😁

Sorry guys, but 4 pages of posts about Merrill is just way too much.

I've said this before and I have to say it again.  YouTube guys are entertainers.  Period.  They are wannabe game show hosts/funny weathermen/standups.  The subjects they discuss, like In Merrill's case metal detecting, are just vehicles to provide them a platform from which to crack wise for an audience they would never have if it was just about them.

Watch them for amusement but nothing else.  For me, I watch Merrill every once in a while just to confirm that he still isn't funny.  

Bill

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Bill (S. CA) said:

Sorry guys, but 4 pages of posts about Merrill is just way too much.

I've said this before and I have to say it again.  YouTube guys are entertainers.  Period.  They are wannabe game show hosts/funny weathermen/standups.  The subjects they discuss, like In Merrill's case metal detecting, are just vehicles to provide them a platform from which to crack wise for an audience they would never have if it was just about them.

Watch them for amusement but nothing else.  For me, I watch Merrill every once in a while just to confirm that he still isn't funny.  

Bill

Exactly.  No point getting exasperated or wasting oxygen on these guys.  I get venting, I guess, but all that does is bring attention and heat and light to folks who are best just simply ignored.  Give your blood pressure a break and stop watching and throwing stuff at your computer screen out of frustration.  Watching someone else detect or test detectors bores me to tears and is worse when they obviously don’t have a clue.  All it does is remind me I should be out detecting myself.  I see a video link in a post and I frankly just move on unless I need to review it to discuss a topic in an informed manner or if it’s Gary Black because I can typically actually learn something useful when I watch his skill school vids.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

Watching someone else detect or test detectors bores me to tears and is worse when they obviously don’t have a clue.  All it does is remind me I should be out detecting myself.

🤩🤩🤩🤩

• Like 1

On 5/31/2023 at 5:46 PM, TampaBayBrad said:

It's as if he's experimenting trying to find something bad with (fill in the blank) and then pushing out a title that is going to grab everyone's attention to get more hits.

This rings true in soooooo many cases.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TripleT said:

Found this today.  Top pocket find... I  think it finds gold, just fine. 14.6 gr. 10k.

16857437217891753748772100806400.jpg

I guess you weren't using default AT General, silly you! 😂

15 hours ago, TripleT said:

Found this today.  Top pocket find... I  think it finds gold, just fine. 14.6 gr. 10k.

16857437217891753748772100806400.jpg

1 hour ago, TampaBayBrad said:

I guess you weren't using default AT General, silly you! 😂

A pinpointer duct taped onto a stick could find that honker.  🤣

• Haha 2