Minelab X Terra Pro Vs Xp Orx

To help us give you sound advice it would be good to know your detecting objectives, if known.

For example:  

• Do you primarily detect for coins, jewelry, relics, meteorites or natural gold or a combination of these?
  • What typical environments do you detect in: parks, farm fields, woods, tot lots, ball fields, cellar holes, salt beaches, or freshwater lakes and rivers?
  • Soil types: Sandy, rocky, or clay. Mild soil, black sand, or ferrous mineralization?
  • Trash and target density:  Lots of aluminum, nails, bottle caps, and/or big iron?

To get you started:  The Orx is primarily designed for detecting natural gold and has very limited, but usable “coin” settings.  It probably lags the Xterra Pro at salt beach performance but both are probably outperformed there by a multifrequency detector like the Legend. The Orx is super lightweight primarily facilitated by it’s all wireless design.  But that feature also limits its ability to operate with its coil submerged in water, necessitating use of additional antenna wire claptrap.  The xTerra on the other hand is fully submersible, including it’s control box.  Finally, the xTerra has more tone customization options than Orx, including the ability to adjust tone breaks.

Overall, xTerra Pro is more versatile and affordable than the Orx by virtue of its design and plentiful selection of accessory coils, but the Orx has it beat at micro target sensitivity because of its ability to operate a higher frequencies than the xTerra.  The main knock against xTerra that I’ve heard is target ID stability.

If the Orx is within your price range, and depending on your detecting objectives, I would give serious consideration to picking up a value-priced Simultaneous Multi-Frequency detector such as the Legend, which has even more capability and performance than either Orx and Xterra Pro.  But if you are on a budget, the Xterra a is a capable and versatile value detector.

Edit: OK - Looked at your previous posts and I see you already own the Orx and have experience with the Legend and Whites MXT so I probably wasted your time with information you probably already know.  Providing a little additional context when you ask such an open ended question would be helpful.  In the absence of that, I am going to start at square one.

• Like 8

Yes it depends from what you plan to do with your detector . But if you look for lightness and you are a coin/relic hunter , the Orx ( or more generally the wireless XPs ) are much lighter than the competition ( around 450g difference vs a ML design like the Xterra Pro for example - ( 850g for the Orx , 1300g for the Xterra , 35% difference )

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Size sağlam tavsiyeler vermemize yardımcı olması için, eğer biliniyorsa tespit hedeflerinizi bilmek iyi olur.

Örneğin:  

• Öncelikli olarak madeni para, mücevher, kutsal emanetler, göktaşları veya doğal altın veya bunların bir kombinasyonunu mu tespit ediyorsunuz?
  • Hangi tipik ortamları tespit ediyorsunuz: parklar, çiftlik alanları, ormanlar, tot alanları, top sahaları, kiler delikleri, tuzlu plajlar veya tatlı su gölleri ve nehirleri?
  • Toprak türleri: Kumlu, kayalık veya kil. Hafif toprak, siyah kum veya demirli mineralizasyon?
  • Çöp ve hedef yoğunluğu: Bir sürü alüminyum, çivi, şişe kapağı ve/veya büyük demir?

Başlamak için: Orx, öncelikle doğal altını tespit etmek için tasarlanmıştır ve çok sınırlı ancak kullanılabilir "madeni para" ayarlarına sahiptir. Tuz plajı performansında muhtemelen Xterra Pro'nun gerisindedir, ancak her ikisi de muhtemelen orada Legend gibi çok frekanslı bir dedektör tarafından daha iyi performans gösterir. Orx, tamamen kablosuz tasarımıyla kolaylaştırılan süper hafiftir. Ancak bu özellik, bobini suya batırıldığında çalışma kabiliyetini de sınırlandırarak, ek anten teli klapesi kullanımını zorunlu kılar. Öte yandan xTerra, kontrol kutusu da dahil olmak üzere tamamen suya daldırılabilir. Son olarak, xTerra, ton kesintilerini ayarlama yeteneği de dahil olmak üzere Orx'tan daha fazla ton özelleştirme seçeneğine sahiptir.

Genel olarak, xTerra Pro, tasarımı ve çok sayıda aksesuar bobini seçimi sayesinde Orx'ten daha çok yönlü ve uygun fiyatlıdır, ancak Orx, xTerra'dan daha yüksek frekansları çalıştırma yeteneği nedeniyle mikro hedef hassasiyetinde yenmiştir. Duyduğum xTerra'ya karşı ana vuruş, hedef kimliği kararlılığı.

Orx fiyat aralığınız içindeyse ve tespit hedeflerinize bağlı olarak, Legend gibi hem Orx hem de Xterra'dan daha fazla yetenek ve performansa sahip, uygun fiyatlı bir Eşzamanlı Çoklu Frekans dedektörü almayı ciddi olarak düşünürdüm. Profesyonel Ancak bütçeniz kısıtlıysa, Xterra a yetenekli ve çok yönlü bir değer dedektörüdür.

Düzenleme: Tamam - Önceki gönderilerinize baktım ve zaten Orx'a sahip olduğunuzu ve Legend ve Whites MXT ile deneyiminiz olduğunu görüyorum, bu yüzden muhtemelen zaten bildiğiniz bilgilerle zamanınızı boşa harcadım. Böyle açık uçlu bir soru sorduğunuzda biraz ek bağlam sağlamak yardımcı olacaktır. Bunun yokluğunda, birinci kareden başlayacağım.

Yes I had Xp Orx and still have Legend but the reason I asked for this comparison was this,

I am looking for ancient Roman and Byzantine ruins as well as ancient Greek ruins, my soil conditions are very difficult, high mineral content tiles and bricks screen my targets, to overcome these, Xp orx was the most performant detector I used, if x Terra Pro will give this performance, I will buy it, if not, I will buy Xp orx. x Terra will be my choice if I believe that x Terra will be more efficient in finding ruins in mineralized areas and especially in finding ruins screened by brick and pottery shards, so I wanted to ask this reason.Point Legend, unfortunately, I don't know if it is because it is Multi, but it is not efficient in such places, the areas I search are difficult mountainous terrains and soils.

• Oh my! 1

I am not sure because it seems the simultaneous multi freq the legend has would be an advantage in your search conditions. 

You could try the gold field mode on the legend and see what happens in your area.

Otherwise I just do not think the xterra would help you out all that much

• Like 2

It seems Orx would be better suited for this task than xTerra pro because you have a greater range of frequency adjustability.  Better yet would be the Deus 2 (the WS6 Master configuration is reasonably priced).  But I agree with bigtim that there should be no reason you can't get the Legend configured in a manner to support this objective.  It seems one of the smaller Legend accessory coils would also be helpful in this regard such as the LG24 10x5" elliptical.  @Jeff McClendonhas extensive experience and success with Legend in mountainous soils, perhaps he can jump in with some advice.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chase Goldman said:

It seems Orx would be better suited for this task than xTerra pro because you have a greater range of frequency adjustability.  Better yet would be the Deus 2 (the WS6 Master configuration is reasonably priced).  But I agree with bigtim that there should be no reason you can't get the Legend configured in a manner to support this objective.  It seems one of the smaller Legend accessory coils would also be helpful in this regard such as the LG24 10x5" elliptical.  @Jeff McClendonhas extensive experience and success with Legend in mountainous soils, perhaps he can jump in with some advice.

I am not in the same area of the world as Minton so I am not going to offer any Legend help other than to move away from the default settings since most of them are for basic hunting by people with very little experience who also do not have difficult conditions to detect in. Minton's conditions appear to be fairly extreme.

XP ORX with one of the HF coils or even a Deus 2 Lite with 9" coil and WS6 Master would be my choice over the Minelab X-Terra Pro 10 times out of 10.

• Like 3

Hello Minton, are you from Turkey? I have the same conditions where I live and I am very satisfied with Minelab Vanquish 540.Ι impressed that you are not pleased with Legend although it is multi frequency machine.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

Dünyanın Minton ile aynı bölgesinde değilim, bu yüzden varsayılan ayarlardan uzaklaşmak dışında herhangi bir Legend yardımı sunmayacağım çünkü bunların çoğu çok az deneyime sahip ve aynı zamanda sahip olmayan kişiler tarafından temel avlanma içindir. Tespit edilmesi zor koşullar. Minton'ın koşulları oldukça aşırı görünüyor.

HF bobinlerinden birine sahip XP ORX veya hatta 9" bobinli Deus 2 Lite ve WS6 Master, 10 üzerinden 10 kez Minelab X-Terra Pro yerine tercihim olur.

Yes Jeff I detect in very difficult terrain conditions and the Xp Orx Hf coil was really the most efficient detector I have ever used and I sold it and switched to Nokta The Legend but I really did not find its performance as good as the orx in the areas I searched because the areas were extremely mineralized soils and the Hf coil worked very well for mineralized soils.Anyway it seems that Xp Orx will be my choice again instead of X Terra Pro.I have not used Vanquish but I do not think it is better than Legend.