The Great Debate Of Discrimination, Iron ID And Target #'s When Detecting For Gold. (long Read)

Jim McCulloch - "Paps", You have been an ambassador and inspiration for this industry for at least 30 yrs and probably longer.  Names like Jimmy Sierra Normandi, Hoss Blackman, Larry Sallee, Jim Straight, James McCulloch (you), Woody Woodworth were all the bigger names when my puppy ears started listening for the nuggets.  Sure I go back to the early 70's for Coin/Relics, but it was not until mid 90's I started taking gold detectors seriously.  Thanks for the comments on my article being worthy of a magazine.  What is a magazine anyway and are there any left?

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I don't disagree with any point you made.  I believe everyone should find whatever works for them personally.  That is what is so wonderful about any detecting... the journey!  You have found what works for you, within your personal parameters.  And... it seems to definitely work for you!  Great pictures and a thought-provoking post.

• Like 1

I am a dig it all guy. That way there is absolutely no doubt you may have passed up & missed a piece of gold. I do use a magnet & I have very often found gold in the same dig after retrieving an iron target that was most likely the initial signal. More so than I can remember. Each to their own & what you are comfortable with.

No right or wrong in this.

D4G    

• Like 1