At The Beach With V1.1

Very nice hunt! Like you report, your speech about iron falses and photos, congrats!Β πŸ‘

• Thanks 1

That a 22 casing? Β Probably no date on the head stamp.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ogliuga said:

Very nice hunt! Like you report, your speech about iron falses and photos, congrats!Β πŸ‘

Thanks! πŸ™‚ Iron detection is better for sure, the falsing can be mostly eliminated by turning on a target.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Geologyhound said:

That a 22 casing? Β Probably no date on the head stamp.

Yes. There are lots of them here, they give a distinct sound (multiple tones) and an id around 58. They were brought in with the sand, probably from a sand pit used as a target range. .22 short.

• Like 1

Good stuff 350>Looking forward to seeing what you will discover on your up and coming relic hunting adventure.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Doc Bach said:

Good stuff 350>Looking forward to seeing what you will discover on your up and coming relic hunting adventure.

Thanks Doc! I've pretty much wiped out the place I'm going to, but they are expanding it, and they even let me search the tent campsites when I told them I found live ammo near fire rings πŸ˜€

There is no beach but there is waterfront with piers for jumping in the water. I'll have to watch the tides to be able to get anything with my scoop, neck deep water makes it pretty impossible to press a scoop in. I don't have scuba gear. 😁

• Like 3

Well done F350, some very nice finds for the day. Good to here some reports on the update, I haven't been able to get out and test mine in the wild yet. I have done a few tests in my small test garden but cant wait to try it out for real. I enjoyed reading your story thanks for sharing.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, unox said:

I have done a few tests in my small test garden but cant wait to try it out for real.

I've got enough finds and junk now that I should set up a test garden, but I do find changing settings on the fly and saving them works well, I can usually remember what I did because I tend to only change one setting at a time. πŸ˜…

There are pay for parking spaces along the road right next to the beach, it's a good idea to walk along them as people will drop stuff fumbling with their beach gear. When the group of detectorists saw me digging there they swarmed it.

Wish I got some gold or silver but it was gratifying to get 3 rings anyway. This isn't a high end beach so you get what you get. It is also poorly maintained with bargain sand.Β 

• Like 1

Good haul, F350 and congrats on the 3 rings and the Wheatie, well done! And thanks for the beach reports, we're not seeing a lot of those yet since the last update. It looks like you didn't dig any iron at all. Very nice!

• Thanks 1