At The Beach With V1.1

Your beach was more productive than the Cocoa Beach area this past weekend.  🥴

Your dedication and persistence was rewarded!!!

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Good haul, F350 and congrats on the 3 rings and the Wheatie, well done! And thanks for the beach reports, we're not seeing a lot of those yet since the last update. It looks like you didn't dig any iron at all. Very nice!

Once I got bottle caps dialed in to 5 and moved disc up to 10 it was a lot better. Chase and abenson made that suggestion, and I finally did it thanks to them. Air tests weren't good enough.

This beach is a great proving ground for iron balance, if you're not balancing a lot you're going to dig a lot of junk. 75 to 95 is probably a couple to a few points on the TDI scale, not to mention sending iron tones sky high. I probably should use auto track but I don't have any confidence in it at present. Need more beach time.

The one bottle cap was a sight pick, i used it to adjust the setting, and one Corona cap later that I threw in a trash can. The little Hennessy aluminum cap was a 94 🤣

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ColonelDan said:

Your beach was more productive than the Cocoa Beach area this past weekend.  🥴

Your dedication and persistence was rewarded!!!

I heard that from a couple others in your area. 😵 One said that Tungsten is the new metal for rings because gold is so expensive. Glad I'm from a different era. 🤣 However, these rings come out looking great.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

Once I got bottle caps dialed in to 5 and moved disc up to 10 it was a lot better. Chase and abenson made that suggestion, and I finally did it thanks to them. Air tests weren't good enough.

This beach is a great proving ground for iron balance, if you're not balancing a lot you're going to dig a lot of junk. 75 to 95 is probably a couple to a few points on the TDI scale, not to mention sending iron tones sky high. I probably should use auto track but I don't have any confidence in it at present. Need more beach time.

The one bottle cap was a sight pick, i used it to adjust the setting, and one Corona cap later that I threw in a trash can. The little Hennessy aluminum cap was a 94 🤣

Bottle caps are not created equal.  Corona is the worst for fooling you.  If you zeroed in on 5, you avoided some of those ferrous caps.  It’s the aluminum ones that are a pain.  
I actually notch 0-10 since iron on our tourist beaches are always junk.  
On the treasure coast, I don’t notch anything.  However,  they have dumped 5-8 feet of new sand along the treasure coast!!!  Redefines the term “buried treasure”. 🥴

• Like 3
  • Oh my! 1

19 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

This beach is a great proving ground for iron balance, if you're not balancing a lot you're going to dig a lot of junk.

Why not run auto-sensing Ground Balance?  It is recommended in a salt environment anyway. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, midalake said:

Why not run auto-sensing Ground Balance?  It is recommended in a salt environment anyway. 

It did occur to me afterward. Going to add it to this program when I go again if you recommend it and use it yourself. 🙂 Thanks.

Next week is all relic hunting in a mild soil environment, so it will be a while.

Just now, F350Platinum said:

It did occur to me afterward. Going to add it to this program when I go again if you recommend it and use it yourself. 🙂 Thanks.

Next week is all relic hunting in a mild soil environment, so it will be a while.

Is does not matter the machine. Equinox, Deus2 and Manticore. I run them ALL in automatic sensing Ground Balance at the beach. 

• Like 2

My beach programs are always on Tracking.  Works fine where I hunt but It's not universally true for each and every beach.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ColonelDan said:

My beach programs are always on Tracking.  Works fine where I hunt but It's not universally true for each and every beach.

I suppose anything is possible. I have never met a salt beach where the machine is out of tracking. If one is hunting in and out of water contact, it would not matter the beach for sure. :cool: 

8 minutes ago, ColonelDan said:

As I stated above:

19 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

I probably should use auto track but I don't have any confidence in it at present. Need more beach time.

These are not salt beaches for the most part, the Potomac River  is brackish but not that high up. It's the different sand from different places. 🙂