Video: Test on the Garrett ATX with its Deep Seeker Coil on Several Gold Nuggets

It is always surprising how small a nugget a large PI coil will detect on edge. The problem is the field is more like a hula hoop with a big dead area in the middle. This can really mess a person up digging for the target dead center when the target is on edge. That has caught me a few times.

Excellent video Alan, thanks for posting. I have not been able to talk myself into the big ATX coil. Yet.

Bearkat

Thanks for your trouble on making the video. You done a great job and should help anyone on what that loop can do. I was just wondering if you ever been out nugget hunting with it on extended time? I can see you can cover lots of ground if it's open and flat country.

Chuck Anders

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Chuck... Yes; I went out nugget hunting with it a bit the other day. It was surprisingly easy to swing per its size. Seemed even better balanced than the stock coil. It did punch deep...but alas no nuggies. I could definatlely swing it all day if needed. You will most likely get most targets at 1 gram and up with decent depth.

Bearkat