Whites Trx Pin Pointer

Was offered a new in box TRX for what I think is a great price from the prices I have seen when you can find one, $112 Shipped to me from a friend in AZ he has several, also offered me their Etrac for $150, because he purchased a Nox 900 

I have always wanted to try the TRX but never would pull the trigger when I would find one because everyone of them I have ever seen listed for sale the price always seemed way high to me but for $100 I am willing to give one a try since its new in box

the Etrac is in really nice working condition and I am thinking of taking it also LOL

I know everything is Legit so not worried there at all, if I do not like the TRX i will offer it up for sale at the same price.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Whites Trx Pin Pointer

Hi Dsmith,

I own a Whites TRX and was a little disappointed that it doesn't detect only at the tip which a lot of people seem to think. You can try an experiment . Turn on the trx.  Take a penny ,start at the tip and run the penny down the side of the detector towards the base.You'll find that the  detection zone is right near the tip,and then near the letter" r "and to just below the letter "x' . So there's the possibility of trying to pinpoint something in a hole you've dug not knowing whether it's in the side or bottom of the hole. The Garrett carrot isn't any better as it detects along the entire shaft from the tip to just below the button to turn it on. The Garrett also seems to be way more sensitive at it's highest setting. Just my observations. These are the only two pinpointers I've used.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Digalicious said:

Those are amazing deals. 

Do it now! 🙂

I second that. 

• Like 2

I've found the TRX to be quite unreliable quality wise, unstable in high sensitivity settings negating it's air test sensitivity performance over other pinpointers that can run in their highest sensitivity levels fine.

In saying that, the price is pretty good, I'd certainly snap up the E-trac.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, phrunt said:

I've found the TRX to be quite unreliable quality wise, unstable in high sensitivity settings negating it's air test sensitivity performance over other pinpointers that can run in their highest sensitivity levels fine.

I wonder what makes the difference. I have two TRXs and can run them maxed out all the time with no fuss at all. If I get a chance to buy a 3rd one I’d probably do it. So far they are the best pinpointers I’ve ever owned. 

44 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Thanks everyone for the replies

I figured for the prices it was worth taking the chance, told the person I would also take his Etrac, just to good of a deal to pass on on both, if I do not like either I figure I can at the very least make my money back and maybe a little more

phrunt I have always wanted to try one of the TRX pointers so this gives me the opportunity to at least try one, I know it is going to have to work pretty good for me to relinquish using my X Pointer Max pin pointers especially the new one with the Magic Holster

again thanks everyone that replied  

2 hours ago, Digalicious said:

Those are amazing deals. 

Do it now! 🙂

Already done LOL, I just could not pass on the TRX and the Etrac, so I called him this morning and its on its way

• Like 1

Lucky you !  I consider the TRX to be the best there is .  I'll take a dozen at that price !

• Like 1

I'm going deaf, I went to Z-Lynk wireless  PP.  I had the TRX and liked it better than the Z.  The tip detection is very good.

People seem to always go for Max sensitivity?  Apparently they don't know how to PP with the detector first. I have had to teach more than one person on "Balancing" the PP when you turn it on. Hold the tip to the ground, turn it on. SEE? How hard is that!  TRX used AA's or  9 volt battery, I liked that.  I have detected for over 40 years and didn't get a PP till 10 years ago. But what do I know?