Legend 1.11 Update - Hunting Success!

I have to say, after a couple months running the Legend on the 1.11 updates, I am experiencing a much better target/trash ratio, and I'm seeing results on a variety of coil sizes. Use is mainly in parks and playgrounds, searching modern clad and whatever weird stuff might live in the ground.  (Granted, some portion of this improvement has to do w/increasing my experience on the machine.)

2+ months in on the 1.11 update:

• Target/trash ratio <=1:3 (all coils)
    • More like 1:10 before.
  • Quarters are my new nickels
    • Used to call myself Johnny Nickels, now I'm Quarter Johnny. (all coils)
  • Silver ring
    • Yep, but a bit crushed and in need of repair. (LG15 - Weird, but I've hit all of my ring finds on the small coil.)
  • 1st $1+ 30 minute run + Sacagawea dollar
    • Yeah, that was tonight ($1.51 total 🙂 ) with the LG35 on the Legend, Field M2, sweeping over an area previously worked on the 1.09 Legend and Nox 800 w/stock coils in Park settings. LG35 rang super-sweet on those good targets. I was shocked by the doller coin result -- I've never seen one in circulation around here, let alone in the ground.

Oh yeah, should tag @bigtim1973 here!

• Like 6

Well I took out the lg24 coil today myself....just in the back yard. Found a Canadian nickle of all things and possibly a civil war bullet that had hit a very hard item. 

I find it to be a very good unit. I like it alot.....and alit more than I thought I would actually. 

I keep mine set up pretty simple....field, full tones, m2 or m1 and adjust the disc to accept everything then adjust the recovery speed to suite the site.  Just ground balance and take off. 

I must admit though I have not found anything particularly deep just yet but that will come with time. 

It is so robust and well built that I do not worry about like I do with some others

I am glad to see you are having success  as well!! 

It motivates us to get off of our rump and go swing!!

• Like 4

Yes, it is a very good machine and so easy to run well.  The LG35 coil is excellent & I use it quite a bit, even in moderate trash.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, bigtim1973 said:

I keep mine set up pretty simple....field, full tones, m2 or m1 and adjust the disc to accept everything then adjust the recovery speed to suite the site.  Just ground balance and take off. 

Same here, although I go the disc out ferrous route. The way I figure it, hitting moden targets I'm not gonna lose anything there and maybe can reduce some noise. Happy to be wrong, however!