Another Ghost Town Trip

Nice hunt Cap'n, thought at first you might be hunting grizzlies or something. 🤪

This hobby is exciting, you never know what you're going to find and often it is spectacular. That in mind it's no wonder you forget so much. Happens to me all the time, so prepare as much in advance as I can.

Really awesome stuff. 👍 especially like the buttons and the little heart! 

The other guys may know where to look, silver jumps out at you. If you had your coil over any you would know it. 🙂 Never let that get you down.

Pretty sure you were using the D2, what version was it?

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

Nice hunt Cap'n, thought at first you might be hunting grizzlies or something. 🤪

This hobby is exciting, you never know what you're going to find and often it is spectacular. That in mind it's no wonder you forget so much. Happens to me all the time, so prepare as much in advance as I can.

Really awesome stuff. 👍 especially like the buttons and the little heart! 

The other guys may know where to look, silver jumps out at you. If you had your coil over any you would know it. 🙂 Never let that get you down.

Pretty sure you were using the D2, what version was it?

Thanks, amigo! There was another visitor who refused to leave and had to be dispatched, a 5 foot rattler.  I didn't see that one but one of my surface finds was a smaller rattler tailbuttons. Fortunately, the snake was not attached! 🙂

You're right, if I had gotten over a coin, I probably would have hit it even in a frazzled state of mind. Once I setteld down, everything was normal, so it was my own fault.

Yep I used the D2 and it was just a week before the V1.0 update, which in retrospect may have been a good thing, but V0.71 did great once I got it dialed in, in fact many of the best finds that trip were made by other D2 users with V0.71. I sure would like to go back back with V1.1! Unfortunately the club only goes there every other year, but oh well, I'll be ready next time! 😉

• Like 2

CPT — WOW that’s an haul.  Excellent finds!  Love the scenery incredible surroundings.  I think the bear and rattler were protecting the gold.  Dig were they were at 😆 

• Thanks 1

Good hunt! There is still plenty of good stuff to be had at that site.

• Thanks 1

You dug some interesting targets. I really like the glass. Neat place to hunt.

• Thanks 1

That was a nice hunt with a lot of digging.

I bet you were tired when you got home after that hunt.

Good luck on your next outing and stay safe out there.

• Thanks 1

Looks like a fun and exciting hunt.   Good job on getting through the fence, I tend to rip my pants doing that.   I also run the D-2 and in sites like that notching the lower numbers is your friend.   I have Gold Rush sites with so much iron it will drive you nuts without the notch.  

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, ROCKINGCM said:

Looks like a fun and exciting hunt.   Good job on getting through the fence, I tend to rip my pants doing that.   I also run the D-2 and in sites like that notching the lower numbers is your friend.   I have Gold Rush sites with so much iron it will drive you nuts without the notch.  

Thanks! I did end up notching 7-30 just to give my ears a break and it did help quite a bit. I just wish I could notch out lead! It sounds so good but it comes up in all the "good numbers". 😏

Nice bunch of finds! Looks like you had a good time and dug plenty to keep you busy.

• Thanks 1