A Real Aussie Coin

Yes, let's celebrate imitation Marmite 🙂

"Vegemite started out as a response to a wartime shortage of Marmite. It's now a symbol of Australia that's spread onto toast, added to curries and even churned into ice-cream. Vegemite has inspired national pride – and outrage – since its invention a century ago in Melbourne"

I'm a Marmite man myself, you can keep your salty Vegemite! Can't stand the stuff.  They're celebrating a clone, a GPeeX 4600.

For the Americans among us, it's a Pepsi/Coke thing 😉 with a lot of salt, think salty Pepsi.

I should ad I do like the Vegemite jingle, I grew up with it as a kid even though I was a sworn Marmite devotee 🙂

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

Yes, I just can't stomach Vegemite, maybe that's why I jumped ship and went to the dark side which I appear to have a habit of, the little country that always seems to win 🙂

• Like 1

Loved the advert jingle ! 😍

Now , how do I get it out of my head ?🤔 

I knew I shouldn't have clicked on that but I just HAD to !🙄

Isn't there any peanut butter there anywhere ??🥸

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Well now! Just to keep this thread on the subject at hand (detector prospecting) I must say Vegemite and hot dogs will be my next detecting trip lunch. Won't Sourdough Scott be disappointed when he snitches a bit of that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

My buddy in Australia always called the stuff Axle grease, referring to Marmite. And Im sure it could be substituted as such in an emergency, as it sure looks the same!  Better tasting of course 🙂

In spite of all that.^^^ 

Assuming they are real , Vegemite sure knew that at least we all would be looking for those coins !  🧐

And no , I'm not clicking on the hot dog ad. THAT one is already permanently stuck in the eternal infinite rotation playlist in my head......"The dogs kids like to munch !" IIRC..

• Haha 1

• The title was changed to A Real Aussie Coin