3d Under Ground Scanner

14 hours ago, Ra1973 said:

Does anyone use 3d under ground scanner ?

Ground penetrating radar is the only legitimate system that can do this.

We used one on an archaeological survey a couple times, mainly to map out fire hearth’s and potential burials.

Good info about it here: https://usradar.com/blog/how-deep-does-gpr-go/

• Like 2

I'm lately bought a machine that scan under ground and produce 3d outputs pictures, the manufacturer claimed it is accurate results, I had a difficulties to analyze the pictures and I went to the field but the result was not satisfying and I know the area very well but the outcome was nothing.

My question is : How to analyze the pictures ? Are there any software can analyze Easley ?

what about the depth ? Error or shifting factor ?

27 minutes ago, Ra1973 said:

I'm lately bought a machine that scan under ground and produce 3d outputs pictures, the manufacturer claimed it is accurate results, I had a difficulties to analyze the pictures and I went to the field but the result was not satisfying and I know the area very well but the outcome was nothing.

My question is : How to analyze the pictures ? Are there any software can analyze Easley ?

what about the depth ? Error or shifting factor ?

What machine was it and can you upload a image file of the output?

A very interesting piece of kit from the advert Blurb,i am very very sceptical about all these claims,it may do exactly what it says on the tin,and i seriously hope it does for you because of the massive outlay.

I am trying to be very diplomatic about this,if as the advert states it will find amazing treasures and also at amazing depths etc,why dont you see normal everyday folks using them and finding the Holy Grail of finds,thats a easy answer they dont work that good as if they had been good they would become a best seller almost over night irrespective of the high price.

Hope that you do find out how to get the best out of this machine but i seriously think you will struggle,just hope that i am wrong and you are right.

I'm not familiar with that device, but that image doesn't look any type of ground penetrating radar image that I've seen before. It looks like an infrared image.

Maybe I missed it, but the website doesn't give any indication of what type of device it is, let alone how it works.

In addition, the manufacturer also sells the scam long range locators.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ☠ Cipher said:

It’s known as a Long Range Locator (LRL) and as far as I know they are a complete scam, no better than divining rods. I’m sorry to have to tell you that because it’s a very costly scam. 

There are units currently on the market that graph out targets based only on signal strength- they don’t even have GPS, they just prompt you when to take a step forward or to turn to make a grid while it records audio signal strength. The image it produces looks similar to the one the OP posted.

As there may be no gps data or image scale with the file (not geolocated), it will probably need to processed manually to make it useful for mapping the features it shows- however it will not be very accurate if you had to do the step method to make it- an image file that has gps coordinates imbedded in it (a Geotiff) would be much more useful.

3 hours ago, Ra1973 said:

How I can analyze the picture ? Advice me

Sorry, but I’d be asking the manufacturer/dealer that sold you the very expensive product.

Hope it works out ok for you but concerned that it won’t  😔

• Like 2