Week Long Relic, Coin And Water Hunt Day 1, Updated With Day 2

• The title was changed to Week Long Relic, Coin And Water Hunt Day 1, Updated With Day 2

59 minutes ago, Lodge Scent said:

That blue sky alone was worth the trip F350. Digging some goodies was just a bonus!

Thanks LC, the weather is nice here. Very mild and sunny spring so far.  🙂

The only day it's supposed to rain is tomorrow.

Way to sniff out those coins from unforgiving ground! Too bad about the turtle eggs, probably a dog or racoon got them. 

BTW, Happy Anniversary you crazy kids!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Way to sniff out those coins from unforgiving ground! Too bad about the turtle eggs, probably a dog or racoon got them. 

BTW, Happy Anniversary you crazy kids!

Thanks. I was pretty impressed to have the D2 pull some coins out of all that junk, one spot was a bed of iron but I heard a high tone in there, zeroed in on it, and it was an old memorial. This is with the 13" mind you, just bumped reactivity to 3.

This is my second marriage, so it hasn't been all that long 😎 but it's been great.

• Like 4

350 thanks for taking us along. The turtle is cool...While at work yesterday I seen a crow pick up a baby ground squirrel and fly off with it chirping in it's claws then came a hawk to try to snatch it from the crow but the crow dropped it and I could not see what happened after that. The signet ring may clean up. I always hold out hope for things like that. As you know gold is softer then brass so you should be able to tell if doing a scratch test by that alone...one thing that used to fool me was that brass will test positive to 10k acid. 

strick 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Congrats — Ah I see you found all that stuff we planted for you.  Joe D made me do it 😂 

Happy Anniversary!  I have one of those coming up.

• Thanks 1

Very interesting your report about the 13”. By the way very nice photos. And happy anniversary! 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, strick said:

350 thanks for taking us along. The turtle is cool...While at work yesterday I seen a crow pick up a baby ground squirrel and fly off with it chirping in it's claws then came a hawk to try to snatch it from the crow but the crow dropped it and I could not see what happened after that. The signet ring may clean up. I always hold out hope for things like that. As you know gold is softer then brass so you should be able to tell if doing a scratch test by that alone...one thing that used to fool me was that brass will test positive to 10k acid. 

strick 

Thanks man, the second hunt was a bit disappointing but they can't all be gems, at least I got something 😀

I'm hoping the ring is gold, that would be nice. I think it was under that tree since at least the 70s. My wife says she had one like it a long time ago, and it was gold.

• Like 1