Minelab SDC 2300 Video on YouTube

Hi guys,

much testing been done with the more porous gold yet with 2300? And can you run all day on the c batteries? Looks pretty sweet in the right conditions. Testing the 2300 against the 5000 for depth would be nice to see these results also. Rick W.

I believe JP covers the GPX vs SDC pretty well at http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/233-minelab-sdc-2300-video-on-youtube/?p=1660 Remember the SDC has a hard-wired 8" coil so no way it can compete with the GPX for the big stuff. Maybe JP can also enlighten us on the battery life.

The SDC may be the best PI for what you are dealing with Rick but on the other hand do not expect it to hit porous specimen gold like a Gold Bug 2 with a small coil.

The SDC will be supplied with rechargeable NiMH batteries as standard, which I've been told should last 6 - 7 hours, Alkaline C cells in the SDC last about the same amount of time as the ATX which in my case was approx 4 1/2 to 5 hours use on both. It's not very long but that's what happens when you stick a high performance PI in that type of housing, which was originally designed for the military who only spend an hour or so at a time looking for land mines (an hour would seem like weeks when you think your leg might get blown off any second, 5 hours would seem like an eternity).

When thinking SDC you really need to think mineralization, anywhere a VLF creates ground noise the SDC will shine, or if the ground has depth (3+ inches). It is after all a PI and as such has to switch off and wait, it's not constantly transmitting like a VLF. Anywhere shallow that has been productive for you with the GPX has potential for the SDC. The SDC will hold pride of place alongside my GBII as a switch on and go detector, in fact in a lot of places I know around Australia I could easily make a living with it crumbling off old patches.

JP

Ok

Sounds like it is beetween a rock and a hard place on one hand, and deliver gold ln the other.

Dangit, im sure you will put this one through the hoops and let us know the rest of the story steve

when the smoke clears is my ol TDI any better for the money or not at least I can still differentiate with TDI somewhat. JP. thanks, just trying to figure all of this out battery 1/2 day ok but, can it get within 1" of a 5000 for depth at $4000 what do ya think here? Rick