What Are The Manufacturers Missing?

Atx/sdc level PI in a cheaper light weight land only package at $1000-$2000 sounds good.

Or

Good discrimination and target ID. Good depth(Better than VLF, Not expecting GPX depth) on the harshly mineralized  goldfields Good sensitivity to small gold. $1000-$2000. Waiting to see what Fisher puts together with the czx/mosca.

Brunks

• Like 1

I just want a metal detector that tells me for sure it's a pull tab...Is that asking for too much? :biggrin:

strick

• Like 1

Okay, here's my dream prospecting detector at the moment:

GPX5000 style platform but with the following changes/additions:

1. Fine Gold replaced with MPF (SDC2300) timing

2. LiPoly battery that slides into the side of the control box (or underneath)

3. Wireless audio - can use WM12 if that makes it easier

4. GP series style audio response

5. Built in audio compressor - or Volume Gain control like CTX3030

6. Manual tune control back on the outside of the box for quick adjustments

Okay now I'm dreaming.....maybe?

7. A Super D coil that bolts on and triggers ZVT technology. 

8. Okay, if 7 is a bit outrageous, then a new "normal" style timing with greater Sensitivity and killer punch specifically designed to be used with a spiral DD coil like the Detech Ultimate. Maybe a mash-up of Sharp and Sensitive Extra timings?

9. Go back to the khaki/rugged SD look

• Like 3

If we're dreaming........ why don't they build a detector that will give an accurate image and density of an object down to, say 3 feet in any soil.

"Oh, a 3 grain nugget at 30 inches... I don't think I'll dig it"

From a pratical and easy to do stand point I would be happy with some improvements in ergonomics, just put a 2300 or an ATX in a 3lb box, I wouldn't care if I had to change batteries every 3-5 hrs.

• Like 1

I like my V3.  I can see results in 3 frequencies.  But I can only discriminate on the dominate frequency.   I can't say something like...in 22.5 kHz I want to disc VDI's of 44, 47, and 52.   For 7.5 kHz I want to discriminate 43, 67, and 68.  For 2.5 kHz disc out 43, 45, 51. 

Nor can I disc out spectragraph or signagraph patterns.   In 7.5 kHz pull tabs typically have a binomial pattern to the signagraph. (two holes=two peaks with a valley between them)  There is no ability to disc out a signagraph pattern.  I'd like to have pattern discrimination. 

HH
Mike

• Like 2

A V3i in an MX Sport box but with headphone connection next to battery door would be a killer machine. Of even a DFX. But right now I would settle for a Beachhunter ID (DFX Light) in the MX Sport box but pumped up a bit in the gain department. I always liked the Beachhunter ID for how it worked but the control box and coil both sucked and it is a bit lackluster in the horsepower department.

I did finally go back to the DFX because all I really need is something to run my Bigfoot and the V3i was overkill for my purposes. I run the DFX in 15 khz with normalization off. Unfortunately, it is the 22.5 khz mode on the V3i that skews target id number to the high end when running the Bigfoot so coins like quarters get pushed up and wrap around as ferrous when running in 22.5 khz mode, even with normalization on. That can be used for some neat tricks but not what I needed. If the 22.5 khz mode had worked properly on my V3i with Bigfoot I would have kept it.

Another one of the many things I wanted Whites to do that they never did was just take a DFX but make it run at 15 khz and 60 khz and improve the ground balancing to make it suitable for nugget detecting but with addition of the SignaGraph. Run both at once or separately - wow, what a machine that would have been.

Another low hanging fruit. A CZ-21 but with nickel high tones put back in the mid tone range where they belong. That is the only reason I do not one a CZ-21. You either dig both high and medium tones to get all rings but get all coins also, or only dig mid tones to go for gold but now nickel range rings are missing. The CZ was originally conceived as a "Coin Zapper" and putting nickels in high tone made sense. But the CZ-21 should be a jewelry zapper and slamming a chunk of the gold spectrum into the coin range makes no sense for the application.

On 7/31/2016 at 2:26 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

...I also want someone to make a selectable frequency VLF so good it could replace the two or three VLF detectors it seems I currently must own to get good across the board performance...

Isn't this what the Eureka Gold was supposed to be / do..?

Based on your prior usage of the machine, mentioning you wouldn't mind having another again (if you could pick one up at the right price) and knowledge / relationship of/with Minelab, do you feel they could (should?) mfg an improved chip set to bring this machine up to its full potential, or are you more of the belief that potential isn't there to begin with due to compromises or whatever..?

I ask because I purchased one years ago on the same premice and feel let down by the low frequency especially.. Beyond that though, it's a great machine..

Swamp

Hi Al,

I am talking about a true multi purpose machine, not a dedicated prospecting detector like the Eureka Gold. A machine I can use to hunt coins, jewelry, and small gold. There are units already on the market that are most of the way there, all that is really needed is a higher top end frequency. That is why I am interested in the XP DEUS V4 update with top end frequency of 40 kHz. Minelab or anyone else could of course do something similar.

I commented on this subject previously at http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/2298-xp-deus-changing-up-my-game/?do=findComment&comment=27062 but it is kind of hidden there. Here is most of the applicable part from that thread, where I do mention the Eureka Gold...

A DEUS with a smaller coil and at 40 khz might just be hot enough for me and enough of an all arounder that I could let the Gold Racer and Racer 2 go. I sill have too many VLF detectors and am seeing a selectable frequency model as being my eventual way out of that situation. The key is how high is the highest frequency?

White's DFX - 3 kHz and 15 Khz selectable
XP DEUS 3.2 - 4 kHz, 8 kHz, 12 Khz, and 18 kHz selectable
Minelab X-Terras 3 kHz, 7.5 kHz, and 18.75 kHz selectable (via coil change)
Nokta Impact (not yet released, preliminary info) -  4 kHz, 14 kHz, and 21 kHz selectable
White's V3i - 2.5 kHz, 7.5 khz, and 22.5 khz selectable
XP DEUS V4 (not yet released, preliminary info) - 10 kHz, 20 khz, 30 kHz, and 40 kHz selectable

I am not counting the Minelab Eureka Gold and predecessors as they are not really a multi purpose detectors but dedicated gold prospecting machines.

At 40 khz the DEUS V4 would be significantly upping the game to double the approximately 20 kHz range that currently sets the limit in multipurpose selectable frequency detectors. While it would not be as hot as the GMT, Gold Racer, or Gold Bug 2, it may very well be "hot enough". My DFX I only own because it runs my Bigfoot coil otherwise it also would be on the chopping block.

• Like 1