Casting Call For Gold Prospecting TV Show

13 hours ago, Gold Hound said:

I can see one major problem.......

How are they going to find a camera man that is fit enough and has the balls to follow me to where I found this?20160810_162335.jpg

well first you have to tell us where you found that, then I'll run right out there and see if I can do it while toting a camera,(and a shovel).:laugh:

• Like 2

There isnt a camera man around that could keep up with the goldhounds! They would be the best canidates for this tv job, but im sure the show wouldnt pay them enough, and they wouldnt want all their secret locations plastered all over the tv. Best of  luck! Dale, Tremain, Dave, Sandra

• Like 1

Thanks guys glad to see that you enjoy our videos! 

That is what I got for the last 12 days just under 10oz.

To get that I had to bush bash for 13 hrs  one way and got 2 flat tyres that only needed plugging one torn wreaked tyre and a burnt out clutch. Tremain got stuck twice in steep crossings which required recovery to get through.

On one section where we have to avoid the extremely rough top of the hill and drive around on the sleep side the upper wheels lift off the ground! Dangerous and exciting stuff..... love it!

It would be one of the most rugged and geographically isolated areas in Australia even the station owner has only been in that area very rarely in a chopper!

Will make an interesting future video.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/10/2016 at 6:20 PM, tboykin said:

Got a proper vidya audition next Monday!

Hey Tom,

Maybe I missed it but last thing I heard was about your audition forthcoming.  How did it go if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks,

Terry

On 9/4/2016 at 11:22 AM, Roughwater said:

Hey Tom,

Maybe I missed it but last thing I heard was about your audition forthcoming.  How did it go if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks,

Terry

Went great. They want a younger/fit guy and I fit the bill in that regard. I don't have the experience you all do but I have been working on that since I got bit. They interviewed me twice, during the second one they said the network really liked me.

I doubt I will get cast but it's always fun to try new things. To me that's what it's all about, and what got me into detecting in the first place.