Casting Call For Gold Prospecting TV Show

They want a younger/fit guy and you fit the bill. The network liked you (always a must btw), and they called you back for a second interview and still decided not to use you? Interesting. Wonder what they were looking for. Did you ever ask them what they were looking for that you didn't bring to the table? 

15 hours ago, flakmagnet said:

They want a younger/fit guy and you fit the bill. The network liked you (always a must btw), and they called you back for a second interview and still decided not to use you? Interesting. Wonder what they were looking for. Did you ever ask them what they were looking for that you didn't bring to the table? 

I don't think they have made their decisions yet. I used to work in TV and it takes a while to get a show up and running. Lots of hemming and hawing. But I have zero preconceptions about what will happen, it was good to be on camera and share my experiences with them. Also a great litmus test for nerves when you know people will be dissecting the footage!

• 2 months later...

Although not the show Tom tried out for (this one likely already in the works before that), it appears to have all the components:  cameras following seasoned(?) prospectors/miners into dangerous locations to strike it rich:

http://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/legend-of-croc-gold/

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/smallscreen/alaskan-miner-searches-for-gold-in-papua-new-guinea-on-new-series-legend-of-croc-gold/

First episode was two days ago.  I don't think I'm ruining anyone's watching pleasure to point out a couple things about that one:

1) they have yet to find a speck of gold.

2) their visas only last 6 weeks!

I think it's safe to say that far more gold is made in the entertainment world with these series than is actually found/recovered by the treasure hunters / prospectors / miners (and I mean any/all of the many such shows out there).

• Like 1

It's entertainment.....nothing to take seriously..kind of like the MSM. Just discovered a pretty cool show called Mineral Explorers. The host travels the world and visits   the world's finest gems, crystals and minerals. He introduces the miners and their cultures to the audience and shows beautiful examples of the mineral that the miners search for .

On 11/25/2016 at 8:44 AM, AuWanderer said:

It's entertainment.....nothing to take seriously..kind of like the MSM. Just discovered a pretty cool show called Mineral Explorers. The host travels the world and visits   the world's finest gems, crystals and minerals. He introduces the miners and their cultures to the audience and shows beautiful examples of the mineral that the miners search for .

That sounds pretty cool. What network is it on?