Awesome, looking forward to the video, I want to see the monster eat dirt. How many yards per hour can it process?

Does the engine power the blower, conveyor and the shaker or do you have like an electric motor for the blower somewhere?

The ones I've seen running ran great but ended up with engine problems almost all of them due to filtering and dust. Over here the problem seems to be solved not by better filter design but instead by purchasing disposable Harbor Freight engines with an easy no-nonesense return policy. :laugh:

• Like 2

The shaker deck and conveyer are run of the same diesel motor.  We put quite a bit of thought into this as dust is also a major problem with similar designs here. My mate nearby uses Chonda motors bought in bulk. The dust bowl on the air inlet is not visible in the pics but does a good job of pre filtering and so far hasnt even got dirty due to positioning the machine right for the wind.  That leads to the big ass filter then through that dodgy looking pipe to the originsl filter housing.  Im reasonbly confident this setup will survive.

The big boxes front and back house electic blower motors.  These were the biggest headache.  Not wanting the motors to suck dust but also not wanting the air intke to suck dust as it clogs the tray cloth from below ( generally takes about half hour, trust me i tried it :blink:.

Chimineys were also considered but were just too much of a pain to build and would still have sucked in dust anyway.  So I decided to put big panel filters on each box and just blow them out every time the trays are emptied, which is about once an hour at the moment..

Havent really measured tonnage yet.  The keene trays are rated for 15tph but i dont think that was measured with big twin shakers.  What Im seeing at the moment is about 15-20tph with slow loading.  The trays are running nice like this, but could take more.

Sounds and looks like a very well thought out portable set up.  I was reading an article about Charles Dice in Nevada who it is said recovered 600 ounces by dry washing and I bet he didn't have a set up near as good as yours.  

• Like 1

I dont detect the pile off the back, it has already been detected.  We push 4" layers off and detect with a 16" coil, only digging screamers, leaving the smaller signals for the dry blower.  Everything we miss should be small enough to go through the 1/2" screen.

There are two screens on the shaker deck.  First 3/4" then 1/2".  The trays are emptied once an hour into a bin, which is screened down to 1/4" before going in the knudsen bowl.

• Like 1