XP Deus Versions & Coils Question

D&P-OR

Are the 9" & 11" DD coils on the version 3.2 Deus going to work on (be compatible with) the new version 4 upgrade?-----Also---Is that new coil that's coming with the upgrade going to be a DD or concentric?---------Thanks

Existing coils will work as they always did at 4, 8, 12, and 18 kHz although there may be enhancenents. V4 simply adds the ability to use a new 5" x 9" DD coil with its own separate frequency set.

The controller is just that, a control box that wirelessly controls the detector (coil). The new coil is a new detector and so the software must be modified to control both it and the old coils (detectors).

If a person purchases a new Deus detector in the version 4 (when it is available)---are you going to be getting this new 5X9 coil with it---or are you going to be able to select which coil you want?-----Maybe that info isn't even available yet--but thought I'd ask.

If you are buying a Deus for the first time and buy the new version 4 my understanding is that you are buying the new coil, controller, rod assembly, headphones,  etc.... If you already own a Deus you just have to buy the new coil and upgrade the software in your controller to version 4 something which is free.

strick

It could go either way. There may be a version of the DEUS sold straight up with the smaller coil, or it could remain an option. Since XP sells all the component parts separately in theory one could cobble together a V4 small coil DEUS even if it is not sold in a box that way. We just won't know until they release it. I think they would be missing a bet not to sell it in a V4 small coil only version.

I got my new V3.2 DEUS with 11" coil specifically to add the V4 update and smaller coil, giving me a large coil at a lower frequency set and a small coil at a higher frequency set. I have considered also that depending on how it works out I could sell the larger coil and just keep the small one.

The new version software as i understand it be able to operate the earlier coils as i call them ie 9'',11'' and the 13'' coil but only on the 4 current freq's,you will gain a few extra features that can be run on the earlier coils,so a sort of improvement i guess.

But too take full advantage of the new version 4 one would need the new coil,but that that then will only operate at the higher freq from 20khz upto 40khz,i am guess and i am not 100% sure but it may be possible by carrying 2 coils ie the current one and the latest one when released so that by changing them over 'it' may be possible to run the full 8 freq from 4khz - 40Khz.

One has too take into account that its possible that the new software 4 could have a glitch like when version 3 came out,but they addressed the glitch by bringing out 3.1 then the 3.2 version that we all use today.

Some folks here in the UK still use and prefer version 2 which for some folks works much better here in the UK,i am not one of those folks as i find 3.2 does all that i require from the machine,will i update too version 4 ?? i doubt it very much as i dont require a high khz coil as we dont have as such gold nuggets,so whats the point in buying a expensive coil that will never be used on the higher freq,the coil shape if it is elliptical would be welcome but once again i cannot see any justification in doing so.

Like anything new in the detecting arena i personally would not buy anything new for a period of 12 months mainly to see if any design faults appear or software glitches which have happened in recent months.One may in the future buy the new coil just for the size aspect but not for the freq advantages as that would be a total waste of time.

These of course are just my personal opinions and yes i am a Deus user.

In my opinion the only reason that machines like a Racer fare well against the DEUS is that they can employ small coils and the DEUS cannot. No amount of programming magic can deal effectively with multiple targets under a coil simultaneously. The new coil is purported to work at 10, 20, 30, and 40 kHz.

10 kHz is still a great coin detecting frequency and a 5" diameter coil at 10 or 20 kHz should pull good items out of thick ferrous trash that you just can't hit with the 9" coil. It is not just a prospecting coil, it is a coil for dealing with the absolute thickest trash.

It is almost a given that the first version 4.0 will see updates at a later date. However, ability to update over the Internet removes the risk there.

I will get one as soon as they are available and report on it ASAP.

• Like 2

Just read this post on another forum,  

"I talked to a very reliable source across the pond and the plan is the update will be released september 18 at the rally . The software update,the coil and the pin pointer will all be released. The twin box hoard locater will be early next year. You have the inside scoop!"

I think I might wait, I am ready to buy a Deus. I like Steve's post above and feel that 10 and 20 kHz will work good for coin and jewlery and I can also use it prospecting. Ill wait for a few to see if it is true and will start out with the new coil. 

JR