The Value Of Networking

We all know it, but how many of us actually do it?  I'm talking about asking your friends and total strangers about places to hunt.  Many old timers know about places that no one else does.  And they know other people who know places, and they know people, and so on.  Once you gain their trust and are honest and straightforward with them, all kinds of doors can be opened to you.

Here is a perfect example;  It's actually a long story how this came about but suffice to say, this little piece came from an "estate" that her late husband had acquired many years before.  This, along with several antique tools, were bought for less than $50.  She had no use for them anymore and had no family members that were interested.

I've looked online for similar items but haven't found anything this big or impressive out there.  There is a small label on the back that says "Anaconda mine".  No idea which one as there are at least three of them in the west.  In the direct sunlight the display of color is breathtaking!

Copper .JPG

• Like 5