A Beach Hunt With " Class "

Rob

I found an MIT ring tonight and have already located the owner!  I messaged him but his tweets let me know it has to be him because his name is inside.

This ring was down about 9" and I was using the 11 because I can swing it without a hip stick.  I had an SE Pro for a couple of years and had no problem and also the 3030 without a harness.

When I got the 17 it was just a couple of months before I got tennis elbow.  Using the 17 does increase jewelry production as Rob said.  The 'problem' sometimes can be that the targets are very deep.  I've had to give up on several because I've had the wrong digging tool at the time.

Mitchel

• Like 1

On 8/19/2016 at 0:38 AM, Rob said:

Hunted with the CTX 3030 with the 17" coil.

Rob,

Great haul especially considering the time you spent at it.  You must have the recovery time down to an art.  You apparently don't have much trouble pinpointing your targets.  So what kind of scoop do you use and how do you locate the target quickly with the large coil?

Thanks much,

Terry

An update.....I located the owner of the class ring. He lost it nine years ago in the surf. We met last Sunday and I happily (sort of happily, that ring had almost a 1/4 oz of gold in it!) returned it. The good karma came back to me as I hit the same beach yesterday.....see my post "A Gold Hat Trick on the Beach"

Terry, I use a Stealth extreme hybrid scoop with a collapsable carbon fiber shaft and a raptor handle.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Rob said:

I use a Stealth extreme hybrid scoop with a collapsible carbon fiber shaft and a raptor handle.

Nice work on the return. Karma to you. I have the same scoop and love it. Hoping to get a a little beach hunting in this weekend myself. HH

strick

8 hours ago, Rob said:

• Like 1