You guys helped me select the Hodan pick on the forum a short time ago. I bought a 16 inch and a 21 inch before they were all gone, so thanks!

I just finished an article in the mining journal on accessories and was wondering who makes your pouches and if you had a lightweight knife for digging coins in parks.  The knifes I've held so far are way too heavy.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Grass Valley Buck Master

• The title was changed to Treasure+/+Trash+Pouch+

My standard digging pouch for many, many years has been the White's Digging Pouch. You can find them at dealers for as low as $14.95 and here is an Amazon link online for $19.94 including shipping. I like the three large main compartments plus two side compartments with velcro closure flaps.

I use a Lesche Digging Tool for all my park detecting when I am cutting plugs though I do also have an old military surplus style stout metal knife as a less obtrusive alternative tool.

metal-detecting-tool-trash-pouch.jpg

• Like 1

LOL.... Great minds think alike...

And on a side note that 6x10 coil you sent me is HOT. Got out a little today and did pretty good on some well worked areas. No jewelry but lots of clad.. Thank's again :whites:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Mike C... said:

Steve what brand of a plastic scoop is that ?

That's my favorite scoop. Flat edges are better for scraping bedrock, and gold settles better in low points along the edges. There are even tiny riffles for panning in a puddle. I believe they are made by the Blue Bowl people at Pioneer Mining http://www.pioneermining.com/cart/prospecting_tools/scoop

image.jpeg

• Like 2

I've been using a Kellyco Sidekick pouch I got with my first metal detector back in Jan 2004.   Its just one big pocket with a mesh bottom.  I put all my trash, all my finds and all my tools in there.   

I removed the leg straps and just wear it belted and swinging loose on my hip.   Its pretty worn out now,  missing a grommet and ripped down the back and sown back together with in-the-field technology but it still works.  Kellyco sent me a new one several years back just because I posted that I like and use it.  Haven't used the new one as of yet as I still got this one patched and working.

I'm so used to having everything (screwdriver, treasure wise digger, magnet, and electronic pinpointer all in pocket that I find it difficult to use some of the other ones I have that don't allow me to put everything in it.   

HH
Mike

Kellyco Side Kick.jpg

3 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

That's my favorite scoop. Flat edges are better for scraping bedrock, and gold settles better in low points along the edges. There are even tiny riffles for panning in a puddle. I believe they are made by the Blue Bowl people at Pioneer Mining http://www.pioneermining.com/cart/prospecting_tools/scoop

image.jpeg

Thanks Steve just ordered 2-

On 8/20/2016 at 5:56 PM, Grass Valley Buck Master said:

I just finished an article in the mining journal on accessories and was wondering who makes your pouches and if you had a lightweight knife for digging coins in parks.  The knifes I've held so far are way too heavy.

A company called Omega Mill makes the best detector pouches I have seen yet.  They actually make more than one model and in various colors even camo. The one I have is called the Relic elite.  It is fairly large, has a loop for a probe on the side a outside, a zippered pocket and velcro pocket on the outside and inside has about 3 separate areas for finds and a fishnet type bottom so dirt can fall out.  They make a slightly different one for the beach and and another one for coin that also has a loop for your digger.  I know Gerry of Gerrys Detectors sells them as well as on Amazon and Ebay.  Also a adjustable belt is attached with plastic buckles

http://omegamill.weebly.com/store/c1/Featured_Products.html

Omega mill Relic pouch.JPGIMG_9649.JPG

Terry

• Like 2

Terry, thank you for posting about your pouch.  My trash pouch, which I have been using for about 6 years has developed many small holes.  I keep dropping very small metallic objects so I just ordered a solid bottom pouch on ebay.  I don't mind spending the extra money when I know the product is solid.

Thanks again,

Brian.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Nevada Brian said:

I don't mind spending the extra money when I know the product is solid.

You are welcome Brian.  

These pouches are definitely solid and made specific for metal detecting here in the USA.  Not only specific for metal detecting but for the type of detecting you do be it beach, Relic or coin even gold.  I just hope none of those small metal objects you were loosing were gold colored.  

Terry  

• Like 1