New Detector But I Need It

Ridge Runner

I've been looking at the XP Deus off and on but more on as time goes by. I really need another detector like I need another hole in my head. I keep looking at video's on the XP and at first it didn't peak my interest but over time I'm at a point I think I can't live without it. I got the money up for it and it's burning a hole in my pocket.

I'm going with the 11 inch coil and with the smaller wireless headphones plus the control unit. The price is better than some other so it's a done deal when we meet this weekend. I've got the best insurance one can get because I may have enough detectors to hold up all the walls up in my home..

Chuck

• Like 2

Do you want to join my detector-collector-itis club?  Had a good discussion about it on another forum.  I was relieved to know I wasn't the only one :biggrin:.  This "hobby" is addicting...

N7XW

I have a friend loves big bore guns and they are not cheap. The thing is lots of time I could buy two of his guns for the price of one detector for me. I don't know about the hobby being addictive but buying detectors sure is.

I say I want it to be a sad day for everyone when I go. They can have one of the detectors I left behind and find the money they wanted me to leave for them. I told my wife to put one in with me because I've heard this one place the streets is made of gold.

Chuck

• Like 3

On 8/30/2016 at 7:17 PM, N7XW said:

This "hobby" is addicting...

How many is too many?  If you hunt different game it is helpful to have a variety of guns and if you detect different objects it certainly would be helpful to have different detectors.  Newer technology as we know can help us find coins etc we might have missed.  I could see the Deus being lighter too so easier to swing for us older folks and if it makes a person more excited about getting out there then life is a bit more enjoyable.  If it's what you want then go for it, get out there and enjoy life!

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, klunker said:

In the interest of keeping thus forum well balanced;

RR! Whats the matter with you?

It's OK Klunker.  I have seen this before.  There is no real cure.  It's often a recurring issue and sometimes can re-occur  when the next new detector comes out.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Roughwater said:

How many is too many?  If you hunt different game it is helpful to have a variety of guns and if you detect different objects it certainly would be helpful to have different detectors.  Newer technology as we know can help us find coins etc we might have missed.  I could see the Deus being lighter too so easier to swing for us older folks and if it makes a person more excited about getting out there then life is a bit more enjoyable.  If it's what you want then go for it, get out there and enjoy life!

I totally relate detectors to guns.  When I tell someone I have 10 detectors and they say "What in the h*ll for?  Why do you need 10?" I tell them they are like guns - they all do the same thing but have different purposes in what they do.  I ask them back "Why do you have 10 guns?  Doesn't one do it all?"  It is then that they start to understand.  And to answer your question, I don't think there is such a thing as too many! :biggrin:

A while back I felt so bad about buying metal detectors that I sold one of my guns to help offset the purchase.  Now I miss the gun...what a stupid idea that was!

strick

M1A Socom 16.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, N7XW said:

It is then that they start to understand.  And to answer your question, I don't think there is such a thing as too many! 

I am now retired with one paycheck a month which makes me think maybe I could get along with just one gun.  Problem is which one?  Maybe the 308 as it's pretty good all around or maybe the 30-06 as it is as well and a bit more powerful but I like my 300 Win Mag Long range rife but could I maybe just do with my 223, or even my old 7.62X54?  Truth is where I live I could get by with any one of those guns but life if more interesting when there's an option or 2 or 3 or so.  

• Like 3