Xp Deus Question

Digger Jones

Liking the Xp the more I hear about it. Won't get one until the new coil and update are released but meanwhile was wondering if you can get sound in any way without headphones?

Areas where I will be hunting have grizzly, cougar, wolf and the occasional sasquatch! 

So needless to say it's wise to keep at least 1 ear open but would prefer to set up something like what the minelab guys are using with the external speakers.

Anyone using a set up similar to that? If so what are your thoughts on the subject.

Thanks

Just now, Ringmoney said:

Yes the Deus has a 1/8" audio output jack as well as full sound on the main controller but it has no volume control.

That's cool I did not know that! Thank you that allows a lot more options than I expected were available.

With the small ws4 headphones it is comfortable to wear one side on the ear and have the other above the ear on the side of your head, keeping one ear completely free to listen to what's going on around where you are hunting if you need.

Yes if you go without visual ID you can mount the remote on your shoulder as we do with the Z. I have found a compromise and have the remote mounted on a wristband on left arm (one purpose built for IPhone). Plenty of volume and easy to keep your eye on the display on the remote, for ID or whatever.

• Like 1

On 8/31/2016 at 2:54 PM, Norvic said:

Yes if you go without visual ID you can mount the remote on your shoulder as we do with the Z. I have found a compromise and have the remote mounted on a wristband on left arm (one purpose built for IPhone). Plenty of volume and easy to keep your eye on the display on the remote, for ID or whatever.

Thanks for the reply. Are you in OZ and using the Zed? If so are you bringing the XP along as well and how is it doing with the heavy mineralization there? Do you feel that the XP is a decent partner for the Zed? I realize that these are questions you might not be able to answer but throwing it out there for anyone.

I like your wristband idea.

Thanks

Digger Jones

I have the XP on order and may receive it by the weekend. Looking all the video's and seeing one in person that the dealer has for himself it's a great detector. It can do so much for you in the field but the only thing I can see is the stand is worthless. The first thing I'll do when I receive it is make a better stand than it's got. I just can't see why anyone would go make maybe one of the best detectors on the market and have a stand like they do. I put it on the ground and it was sitting on the shaft that runs under your arm and not on the stand at all.

Chuck  

3 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

Digger Jones

I have the XP on order and may receive it by the weekend. Looking all the video's and seeing one in person that the dealer has for himself it's a great detector. It can do so much for you in the field but the only thing I can see is the stand is worthless. The first thing I'll do when I receive it is make a better stand than it's got. I just can't see why anyone would go make maybe one of the best detectors on the market and have a stand like they do. I put it on the ground and it was sitting on the shaft that runs under your arm and not on the stand at all.

Chuck  

Keep us informed of your thoughts on the machine please.

If the stand is the only thing that's lacking I think I can live with that!

Thanks Chuck

Kale