Need Advice On Nugt Etf?

tvanwho

Fred

As time goes by you will need to lower the weight of that nugget you wish to carry out of the hills. Then another problem comes up and that's you can't climb the hill anymore. But until then us give them all we got looking for that big one.

You think this nugget is big you should seen the one that got away. That's my line I'm going to say.

Chuck 

• Like 1

I hear you, Chuck. When I was a drywaller 200 pounds would have been tough but possible, then 100 became more feasible...now I would have to struggle to get those 50 pounders out...but by God i would get it done...if ever i get one.

Just a dream, just a dream!

meanwhile i will stick with mutual funds and the long haul.

fred

22 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

Fred

As time goes by you will need to lower the weight of that nugget you wish to carry out of the hills. Then another problem comes up and that's you can't climb the hill anymore. But until then us give them all we got looking for that big one.

You think this nugget is big you should seen the one that got away. That's my line I'm going to say.

Chuck 

A time goes on, you have fêwer years left , so you can get by with a smaller nugget

• Like 1

Well ,the smaller nugget theory is rather sobering guys....I took the plunge and bought some DUST shares today, showing a small profit already. Gold price only went down a few bucks but this ETF went up 15%....supposedly it amplifies downward gold moves by 3x, dunno how....I won't stay in long, maybe a week or 10 days. Need to find me a 12 month Gold price chart vs the stock prices of Gold stocks and ETF's...who might have that? $1,350 top end of gold range, whats the lower end these days?

20 hours ago, tvanwho said:

Well ,the smaller nugget theory is rather sobering guys....I took the plunge and bought some DUST shares today, showing a small profit already.

Gold price only went down a few bucks but this ETF went up 15%....supposedly it amplifies downward gold moves by 3x, dunno how....I won't stay in long, maybe a week or 10 days. Need to find me a 12 month Gold price chart vs the stock prices of Gold stocks and ETF's...who might have that? $1,350 top end of gold range, whats the lower end these days?

Changes in stock price do not make profits. You will have to sell the stock before you can have a profit. Watching numbers change is not the same thing as money in hand.

Kitco has all the historical charts and data.

yes, and DUST was a bit too volatile for me so I sold and took my lumps today. Oh well.

And Clay, do you know anything about mineral rights on private property in Indiana or Ilinois?

Does the landowner own the mineral rights or the state and how does one find out?

Thanks-Tom

Tom

When you buy land the mineral rights can go with the land but the seller can hold on too them. I did buy and resale land but I made sure I got the minerals with it .If you don't have the mineral rights with the land then all you own is the surface rights. Having only that then others can drill for oil on your place and you not get a dime out of it.. That is what you call getting the short end of the stick. All you can get is surface damage paid to you. But they can angle drill and don't even come on your place. I'm not talking about a small tract of land like what I'd call a lot as in a city.

I known some wells pumping 500 barrels a day. The only trouble was none belong to me.

Hope this helps.

Chuck

• Like 1

On 9/12/2016 at 2:53 PM, tvanwho said:

And Clay, do you know anything about mineral rights on private property in Indiana or Ilinois?

Does the landowner own the mineral rights or the state and how does one find out?

Thanks-Tom

Tom, Chuck gave you good information. You will have to pull the patent for any particular piece of private land to know if mineral rights transferred with the grant. You will find those patents at the General Land Office website. If the patent has not been scanned into the system yet you can order a copy on the website. There are more than 5 million on the website so your odds are pretty good you will find what you are looking for.

If the original patentee did obtain the mineral rights then you are on a search for who owns the rights now. That becomes a local matter. The use of a Title Company, Landsman or browsing the County Records are your best bet. Or you could approach the current landowner to see if the minerals were specifically included in their purchase.

If you are looking for subsurface mineral rights open to location in those states you are out of luck. Those lands were not a subject of the Mining Acts. This is true of most patents granted for homesteads elsewhere also.

• Like 1