Detech Now An Official Coil Manufacturer For White's?

Hi GB

If I didn't have the 10 X 5 DD and wanted a small DD then I would buy the 7 inch DD. It's been said if you take the 10 and the 5 add the two then split that number you come up with about the same size as the round one. I'm not saying one is better that the other but I don't need to have two of the same are near the same size. You can use this formula on any elliptical coil to see what it is in relation to a round coil in size.

I hope I made this clear for you.

Chuck

PS  Pie R Sq. no Pie Round Cornbread Sq.   

I was very vocal when Whites announced they would sell the Ultimate coil.  I believe their ad was "Take your Whites to the next level with the Ultimate coil"?  If Whites can't build a better coil than an aftermarket coil then can they really build a machine?  I mean I use aftermarket coils. But the manufacturer doesn't take on that line and then say it's the greatest coil for their machines. Couldn't they reverse engineer the coil?  Now the 7 inch Deteck coil is introduced.  They spend years designing the MXS and put all that time into making a coil and in a few months Detech can whip one out probably better than Whites can build!  Detech also builds metal detectors.  Will they have Detech build their machines?  If Detech built the MXS then maybe we could get one that works?

Coils are not a big money maker for detector manufacturers. Making them is a bit of a gamble as far fewer people invest in coils than you might imagine from reading the forums. This is an easy way for White's to get a few small coils out there to see what the demand is without investing in the design and tooling for a new coil themselves. The 6" round Eclipse concentric as a thick foam filled coil is not a good match for a machine that is intended to be put in the water. It is really the same problem White's faces with the 10" x 6" DD and 950 concentric coils for the MXS. They are old foam filled designs not really appropriate for the machines all terrain design intent. It's too bad White's did not get a new line of coils in place before the MX Sport came out, and now they are playing catch up.

• Like 1

The "neutral buoyant" 12 incher floats too. 

Why don't Whites have Detech make all their coils under a "Private Label" agreement?

Where will the outsourcing stop?  What if they started selling Deteknix pinpointers?  Garrett Headphones?  What about the detector itself?  Take your Makro Detector to the next level with our Detech search coils offered by Whites Electronics.  Buy in the next 30 days to receive a free Deteknix Pinpointer.  Check with your Authorized Whites Dealers for more info!