Detecting With The Gold Racer 5x7" Eliptical

Well I'm mostly healed from knee surgeries and decided it was time to get back at it. Despite all the smoke in the air in siskiyou county from the gap fire,  it was not too bad outside. I headed out to an area that is one of many areas that ill be detecting this winter. it is not a well documented gold area, but it has good coarse gold.  Most of the diggings in the area are shallow, but there is some good deep ground for pi detector work.  For today I brought along my trusty friend Makro Gold Racer with the new 5x7 eliptical coil.  I ran it about the same as other coils. in all metal and some isat adjustment. The place is plagued with alot of small iron and the little coil did a great job of sniping good signals out of the junk. it is extremely sensitive to micro sized targets and fits nicely under the bushes and between the rocks. it has a really nice sensitive tip for pinpointing.  . all in all the 5x7 eliptical performed very well and would be a great accessory to hunt especially in the iron areas. well I ended up finding 16 pcs and 2.5 dwt for the little coils debut. I cant wait to try it out some more.Good luck

2016090595211026.jpg

20160905_172414.jpg

20160905_172406.jpg

20160905_172325.jpg

20160905_172313.jpg

• Like 8

Great finds and thank you for the pictures. Good to hear you'll be like a new man in no time and can get out to do what one likes best.

Chuck

• Like 1

Great work! My little coil is permanently attached to the Gold Racer. Seems to be a perfect match. I think it maintains a steady threshold even with a slightly higher Sensitivity setting, which helps in hearing those faint Zip Zips, which sound more like (say it really faint) "seup - seup" :biggrin:

• Like 2

Thanks for the new posts and pictures of gold.

Lost is a condition for Paul not an event.  Life is simpler that way.

Now, if you need some medical help ... stand back and let him do his work!

He might even come back with some gold if you didn't get it all.

Mitchel

• Like 1