Steve's 2014 Alaska Gold Adventure

Chris continues to show us how it is done. I was hitting a tailing pile with my GPX 5000 and 16" round mono coil. Nothing but junk targets so at lunch I wandered back to see how Chris was doing. He was on a bedrock area hunting with the SDC 2300. I jokingly ask him to "show me the money" and he drops a one third ounce nugget in my hand! Found at respectable depth in a pocket in bedrock. He now has over an ounce of gold in the last few days with his SDC 2300 - way to go Chris!

11.7 gram nugget found by Chris Ralph July 14, 2014 on Jack Wade Creek, Alaska with the new Minelab SDC 2300

image.jpg

• Like 1

And now I have dilema ;)  Buy SDC or not ;) I have ATX ;)

I jokingly ask him to "show me the money" and he drops a one third ounce nugget in my hand! Found at respectable depth in a pocket in bedrock. He now has over an ounce of gold in the last few days with his SDC 2300 - way to go Chris!

So ... beer's on him, right?   :D

Congrats!

Making an ounce of gold the hard way!

Got a 1.7 dwt and half pennyweight nugget yesterday to put myself right at 1 Troy ounce of gold nuggets. Must be one of the hardest won ounces I have ever found. 29 days of detecting seven hours a day, many thousands of holes dug for nails and other stuff. Things have perked up a bit because when Chris arrived Tom and I abandoned blue sky detecting and took Chris to areas that have produced gold last summer. Pounding the old patches so to speak. Still, it is amazing the difference between this year and last. Last summer at the 30 day mark I had just over a Troy pound of gold - 12.25 ounces. Last year I was running hot and this year I am running cold. But also we did a better job last year skimming the cream than I had imagined. Chris of course has about 1.25 oz and Tom just over a half ounce so sneaking up on about three ounces total for our little adventure. Still, there is gold left to be found and time left to find it so a bit more to this story yet to develop. Main thing is a good time is being had by all.

Hope you all out there are having good times and good gold yourselves!

image.jpg

• Like 1