Gold Bug 2 Coil Plug Wiring Help

One for the tech's

I would like to find out the wiring of the five pin coil plug (10"DD) for the Gold Bug 2. A friend has an issue with his and I would like to re-solder the wires back on correctly for him. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards Steve

Hi Steven

Unless all have been pulled off from the plug I don't see a problem. If taken them off I'd tag each wire in relation to the pin number. If trouble is back in cable I'd take cover of cable back to the point of the broken wiring.  I've had to wire in a new relay that had more than fifty wires and you don't make a mistake.

Best of luck !

Chuck

Thanks Ridge Runner,

Unfortunately the wires have already been removed and unsuccessfully soldered onto the incorrect pins.

There are two wires involved here. Both have a insulated central wire and a shield wire with an outside sheath also. There are five pins on the plug and number one pin is not used. I was hoping we may have a tech here who may have some help.

Cheers Steve 

• 2 weeks later...

I will see what I can find out. Nothing anywhere on the internet I could find. And by the way, all commercially available coils for the Gold Bug 2 have been concentric coils, not DD coils. With the exception of prototypes I have never heard of a DD coil for the Gold Bug 2. The Gold Bug Pro on the other hand normally uses DD coils.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 9/21/2016 at 5:44 PM, Geotech said:

Here's what I have:

Pin2: Orange
Pin3: Orange-shield (also connected to strain relief)
Pin4: Green
Pin5: Green-shield

Pin1: no connect

I have same problem I have a green wire orange and a white wire gold bug 2 coil wire need help